Non beach Willemstad/Curacao

Giantfan13

We just booked a last minute cruise, leaving this Friday and one of our ports is Curacao. We are NOT beach people and I do try and stay out of the sun as I have had several cases of skin cancer. That said, we have read that Willemstad/ Curacao is a very wonderful town to wander around in. I heard that you can get a walking tour map some where in town and that would be great. Is this info correct?

We have also read there is a Synagogue there, is that within the town and in walking area?

Some one mentioned a unique cave, again, is that walkable or do you need a tour or transportation to get to any of these things?

Just looking for things to do to spend a day not on a beach.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially at this late date.

Cheers

Len

Len - the caves would require a tour or taxi to get you there. The synagogue is across the floating bridge in Punda and is walkable. There is a museum there as well. There is a visitor kiosk on the Punda side of the Queen Emma floating bridge. There are shops and cafes in Punda. There is also a Maritime Museum in Punda towards the left of the bridge. The slavery museum is on the Otrabanda side of the Queen Emma floating bridge. Punda is a great area to walk around as well. Hope this info is helpful

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Len - the caves would require a tour or taxi to get you there. The synagogue is across the floating bridge in Punda and is walkable. There is a museum there as well. There is a visitor kiosk on the Punda side of the Queen Emma floating bridge. There are shops and cafes in Punda. There is also a Maritime Museum in Punda towards the left of the bridge. The slavery museum is on the Otrabanda side of the Queen Emma floating bridge. Punda is a great area to walk around as well. Hope this info is helpful

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Most definitely. Thanks and much appreciated.

Cheers

Len

• 2 weeks later...
Just printed an Architectural Walking tour map. Might be of interest to you. Search walking tour Curacoa will get you where you want.

snow bunny

That was exactly what we were looking for!! Thanks for posting...We will be there in early April and love history, architecture and walking.. right up our street.