Having issues with purchasing Cheers 12-31-2017

pafoster62

Anyone else having issues with Carnival’s website? I have been trying since yesterday to purchase the Cheers package with two Carnival gift cards. I seem to be in some sort of a “loop”. I keep getting an error that is requiring I enter a credit card number. (My two gift cards total the entire amount). Now the site will not let me check out....

I called Carnival last night and they could not help me....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call again today and insists on them getting it done.

Many are probably trying to buy before price goes up. And we know Carnival website has many many glitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you... when I called yesterday they too are having website problems 🤨

I've asked four times for a supervisor! Still on hold

Frustrating for sure! Document everything if you can. There is always resolution department as a final attempt .

Good luck!!

Its most likely due to a large number of people try to beat the deadline. Sadly most customer service people are like robots. Since you can't order cheers using gift cards on the phone (online only for cheers using gift cards) they haven't clue how to fix it. Beerman is correct resolution department is the way to go.

Its most likely due to a large number of people try to beat the deadline. Sadly most customer service people are like robots. Since you can't order cheers using gift cards on the phone (online only for cheers using gift cards) they haven't clue how to fix it. Beerman is correct resolution department is the way to go.

I was told that you couldn't pay with gift cards at all![emoji853]

Here is what Carnival is doing for me- A manager sent an email to me stating that the will honor the 2017 Cheers price for my 2-3-2018 cruise. I will have to apply the gift cards at check in.

I was told that you couldn't pay with gift cards at all![emoji853]

Here is what Carnival is doing for me- A manager sent an email to me stating that the will honor the 2017 Cheers price for my 2-3-2018 cruise. I will have to apply the gift cards at check in.

You CAN use gc for cheers, but only online. That's why they are so confused. They can't take gc over the phone.

You should try a different browser or delete your cookies and try again.

Last year I sail on the Vista repo cruise out of NYC. Last year you could not purchase Cheers on the phone or online. Did the same thing you did. Manager sent an email, brought on broad went to purchase Cheers and was told that could not honor the pre boarding price. Of course I was annoyed was told that nothing could be done. Some times customer service people will say and do anything to get you off the phone. I was SOL. I do hope that what happened to me doesn't happen to you. Good luck

Last year I sail on the Vista repo cruise out of NYC. Last year you could not purchase Cheers on the phone or online. Did the same thing you did. Manager sent an email, brought on broad went to purchase Cheers and was told that could not honor the pre boarding price. Of course I was annoyed was told that nothing could be done. Some times customer service people will say and do anything to get you off the phone. I was SOL. I do hope that what happened to me doesn't happen to you. Good luck

Ugh!!!

Carnival customer service is a joke. You have been able to use gift cards for Cheers and any other fun shops/bon voyage purchase for a year. Maybe longer. And it's unacceptable that you can't buy Cheers today - the day before the price goes up. Some genious should have figured out there would be an increase in website traffic.