Luggage Tags vs Cabin Assignment

RS182

We are leaving on the Breeze in a week and I'm working on gettibg luggage tags ready. My son will be switching rooms and sleeping in a different room than his booking. I am considering putting tags on his luggage for the room he is going to sleep in. Has anyone had their luggage sent to a different room than their booking? I started to question it when I was writing his name on the tag.

Thanks.:confused:

So I'm clear, both cabins are part of your booking, but instead of where he's scheduled to stay in your booking, you're moving him to the other cabin? In that case, I think I'd be tempted to leave the luggage tags alone, let the luggage come to his original room and he can just collect it from there...

But if you'd rather not, you can probably just attach the luggage tags from the other room to his luggage... it SHOULD make it there okay!

Thanks everyone. I felt like I was over thinking it. Yes, all the rooms are a part of our bookings. This would be the only way I have access to their luggage tags. Felt it would be easiest to have the luggage sent to the room he was sleeping in.

I would use the original tags and just let his bags come to the original room. As long as you are staying in the rooms. This last cruise we had tags put on bags everywhere as we didn't want the hassle of rearranging the names and sail and sign cards, etc. I had a bunch of tags for my cabin and just handed them out. They all made it there and everyone met in my room anyway before we went anywhere. We never did move the names around but had all the teens in one room and everyone else in another room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Luggage is delivered by room number not name on tag. My basis for this comment:

I have a friend that only puts her initial on the tag.

My daughter refuses to put her name on the tag. (don't ask)

We always have changes with our rooms and send the bags where they need to be.

The multiple pieces of luggage in front of our door that were for 1266. Our stateroom was 1366 and the last names were light years apart

I asked the person delivering luggage when I reported the mistake above.

Make life easy on yourself. Send the luggage when it needs to be.

Just an FYI... we've had our cabin assignment change the day of the cruise.. so our luggage tags were wrong. If something like that happens, they'll have your luggage sitting by the customer service desk. They will eventually deliver it to the correct cabin, but customer service is always busy at embarkation... so I just went down there and picked it up myself.