Differences between Seabourn and Oceania

Winters Gate

• 2 weeks later...
The R ships are almost three times as large as the Odyssey class and twice that of Encore. 1100 passengers versus 400/600. Add in the cost of wine and drinks on Oceania.... And did I mention the food? ...[emoji846]

Only 690 passengers on Oceania and Azamara’s R class ships, not 1,100. Very close to Encore.

Food is subjective. Although I prefer Seabourn over Oceania and Azamara, I give Azamara the highest marks for food. Since their new Corporate Executive Chef Robert van Rijsbergen took over 2 years ago, there has been a gradual, significant increase in creativity, quality and presentation in all dining venues.

Oh no here we go again with a comparison between apples and oranges

And people still don’t know that Oceania in most cases will cost more than Seabourn if you compare like for like things on the ships.

Aren’t we lucky to have choices [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh no here we go again with a comparison between apples and oranges

And people still don’t know that Oceania in most cases will cost more than Seabourn if you compare like for like things on the ships.

Aren’t we lucky to have choices [emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Shhhhhhhhh .... don't tell!

We are sailing on the Encore in May for our first time on Seabourn and really looking forward to it.

We have also sailed once on Oceania ( Sirena) , we enjoyed having our dinner served course by course by our butler on Oceania.

My question is, will Seabourn provide us with the same service, should we wish to have dinner in our suite one evening?

Thanks.

Mklions

We are sailing on the Encore in May for our first time on Seabourn and really looking forward to it.

We have also sailed once on Oceania ( Sirena) , we enjoyed having our dinner served course by course by our butler on Oceania.

My question is, will Seabourn provide us with the same service, should we wish to have dinner in our suite one evening?

Thanks.

Mklions

Yes.

You will be served by the dedicated room service team who are based in the galley of the MDR. They will serve food from the main pass during dinner service and get to your cabin via a series of hidden service corridors and lifts. If you have the opportunity to go on a galley tour during your cruise you will sea the room service station.

I'm sure that you will love the Quest. I think the food on Seabourn is more modern, and much better. The addition of TK Grill is good for steak eaters ..( I'm not a red meat eater, so factor that into my opinion).

The size of the ship is smaller, which I find beneficial. Marina is 1200 passengers to 400 for Quest.

I don't know what your itinerary is..but Quest can and does dock at smaller ports, and tendering is a lot easier than the larger Marina.

Hope you enjoy it!

The chicken is to die for at TK. Also the Dover Sole!!!