Last minute cruise, can't find sailing

Spicey477

Yesterday I was tooling around, looking at all of my sites to find a quick cruise to hop on in January. I found the Legend leaving on Jan 7, then about an hour later couldn't find it on Carnival's site, other sites, etc. Lots of times on other sites it may indicate "sold out". Is this a timing thing and because it's so close it is showing as unavailable? Anyone have experience with this and booking last minute?

I had that happen on Saturday, trying to book the Liberty for January 7. It appeared, then disappeared, at least four times on Saturday. Saw the same thing on Sunday, this morning it is gone. I assume it is the last few cabins combined with (possibly weather-related) cancellations. The only choices were suite guarantees for $969 plus port fees/taxes or $250 for senior last-minute guarantees. I booked during one of the brief appearances on Saturday and am still seeing “to be assigned”. Happy I could book in time and enjoying checking for the cabin assignment.

Yesterday I was tooling around, looking at all of my sites to find a quick cruise to hop on in January. I found the Legend leaving on Jan 7, then about an hour later couldn't find it on Carnival's site, other sites, etc. Lots of times on other sites it may indicate "sold out". Is this a timing thing and because it's so close it is showing as unavailable? Anyone have experience with this and booking last minute?

Did you mean the Liberty? 'Cause the Legend sails from Australia...EM

Essiesmom, maybe I was *wishing* I was in Australia! :D Got the ships mixed up, actually the Liberty.

I talked to my PVP (who I'd actually never used before) today and 10 minutes later we were booked! Talk about talking all of the fun out of vacation planning when it takes you a couple of hours max to plan! Now, I guess I'd better pack and learn about the ship!

Thanks all!

Essiesmom, maybe I was *wishing* I was in Australia! :D Got the ships mixed up, actually the Liberty.

I talked to my PVP (who I'd actually never used before) today and 10 minutes later we were booked! Talk about talking all of the fun out of vacation planning when it takes you a couple of hours max to plan! Now, I guess I'd better pack and learn about the ship!

Thanks all!

I’m glad you were able to book, just might recognize you on board :D We finally received a cabin assignment today. We are in a handicapped cabin on the Lido deck. We do not need the handicapped cabin, but the odds are very slim to none that anybody who needs it will be booking in the next five days, so we should be able to keep it. Looking forward to my first time on the Lido deck, the reviews are almost all positive.

Were you able to obtain a dining assignment? All three were full on Saturday, so we are waitlisted for early seating. I am positive we won’t be denied a dining room opportunity, so I can wait on that. I took the earliest available check-in time slot, which was 12:30. Not too happy about that, but it is not a huge deal. What time were you able to get?

What is the senior last minute guaranteed and where do you find it

When cabin selection comes up during the booking process, sometimes there is a choice between selecting your own cabin or letting Carnival assign you (guarantee). Booking a guarantee means that you are willing to accept any cabin on the ship within that category (inside, ocean view, etc). It is usually cheaper than selecting your own cabin. Sometimes you win (pay for an ocean view and receive a balcony) and sometimes you lose (assigned a cabin under the nightclub, next door to the laundry room, etc). In my case, the only choice was a guarantee, and it was offered to people who qualify for the senior rate. I am happy with my assigned cabin, but wouldn’t have complained in any case because I am just happy to be on the ship. This is a quick getaway before recently scheduled surgery, and a chance to get into the sunshine. It is COLD even in Florida right now.

ZoeyVictoria,

I am also waitlisted for any seating but picked 6pm as my choice. My earliest check in time is 1:30 and I'm not loving that either, but you get what you get at this point. We are just taking a shuttle from the airport so we'll get there and chill or if they'll let us get started earlier that is fine. I think earliest I'll get there is like 12 anyways. I'm excited! I haven't been on a Conquest class ship and though I've cruised twice in 2017, they were both with our little kids so I'm excited to do the stuff we like to do, like trivia and comedy club. I'm now trying to figure out what to do in Nassau, whether to do a resort for a day or go on a snorkel tour. See you onboard!

When cabin selection comes up during the booking process, sometimes there is a choice between selecting your own cabin or letting Carnival assign you (guarantee). Booking a guarantee means that you are willing to accept any cabin on the ship within that category (inside, ocean view, etc). It is usually cheaper than selecting your own cabin. Sometimes you win (pay for an ocean view and receive a balcony) and sometimes you lose (assigned a cabin under the nightclub, next door to the laundry room, etc). In my case, the only choice was a guarantee, and it was offered to people who qualify for the senior rate. I am happy with my assigned cabin, but wouldn’t have complained in any case because I am just happy to be on the ship. This is a quick getaway before recently scheduled surgery, and a chance to get into the sunshine. It is COLD even in Florida right now.

It's freezing in Wesley Chapel! Have a great trip.