Celebrity Historians - Curious about my cruises!

imsulin2

Hi, all! I'm wondering if you can help me out. I took two Celebrity cruises back in the early 90's...one on the Zenith, and one on the Horizon. My all-too-frequent Senior Moments prevent me from remembering which ship I was on for which itinerary. We did a Southern in '91 or '92, (March) going to St. Lucia, Barbados, Martinique, and Antigua (I think). In either '92 or '93, (June) we did an Eastern with the standard ports. We went with the same large group of people each time. Both ships were fairly new at the time and absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful cruises! I came across pictures of both cruises, and am trying to update my cruise scrapbooks, but cannot remember which ship was which...because the people in the photos were on both ships with us. Anyone? Thanks in advance!

I just pulled out my Frommers guide from 1993. (Yes, I save everything, lol.)

Zenith was doing alternating Eastern/Western Caribbean cruises in '92-'93. The ports were Ft. Lauderdale-San Juan-St. Thomas-St. Martin-Nassau-Ft. Lauderdale. Of course, this might have changed after the time of printing.

My all-too-frequent Senior Moments prevent me from remembering which ship I was on for which itinerary.

Don't be so hard on yourself, they are twins. Aside from the name and hot tub locals they are the same ship. Heck, I'm 43 and can't remember where my cruise went last year! A bunch of those sticky islands I would suspect.

Zenith didn't go to Nassau which was in the brochure's, I never did find out why they didn't go. And maybe the cool white marble (?) floor of the Horizon midship piano bar might show up in a picture or two.

Lisa63 - that is exactly the itinerary we did!! One of our friends got married on St. Thomas (which is why we all went - and I'm sure it was in June or July!). We also went to Nassau (I remember this, because we all piled into a stretch limo to go over to Paradise Island only to find out the A/C didn't work:mad: ). So - must have been on the Zenith for that one! Our Southern cruise was on the Horizon, then. I do remember that they were sister ships, which was why we booked the second Celebrity ship, because we loved the first one so much!

Thanks so much to you all! Appreciate your help! Now, my scrapbook pictures can have a name under them. (Boy...I sure looked a lot better and skinnier back then!)

There were a few differences between the Horizon and the Zenith.

Plus a few more cabins on Zenith and the top suite was larger as well.

Also back then the paint schemes were slightly different (besides the name of the ship)--the aft deck ends were painted blue on Zenith and white on Horizon; made it a little easier to distinguish them in photographs.......

Archived