New to RC Help me decide what room to get.

I've sailed twice in my life both with NCL in the Haven, Haven comes with everything included, unlimited drinks, dining etc. I'm looking at RCL Anthem of the Seas for an Early May cruise and I am trying to pick a room and love the "Haven" all inclusive experience.

I'm looking at the "Royal Suite Class" I see that the difference between the Jr. Suite $2,370pp & Grand Suite $4,084pp is "all day access to coastal kitchen". Is that the suite classe's private restaurant and is it worth it to get all day access? But these two suites don't include unlimited beverages / unlimited dining and I can't find how much that package is per person to add on. (why I am posting)

I have to pick Grand Loft Suite $7,748pp to get complimentary unlimited dining and beverages. I can get a room on a similar cruise iteniary / date on NCL Breakaway in the Haven for $1,999pp and get unlimited dining / beverages, a butler and unlimited access to its own private restaurant. I'm trying to understand the price difference of $1,999pp vs $7,748pp for the same amenities. It seems like RC is pretty pricy.

But in any case I can't find an option to add beverages / dining when picking the RC cruise even when filling out my information.

Edited by NEcruiser7515

We did NCL Haven (Owner's Suite) on the Jewel last summer and we did RCCL Sky Class (Crown Loft) on the Oasis in November. We enjoyed the perks of RCCL much more than NCL. With the Suite Lounge, we found we didn't need the drink package. We did buy the 3-night dining package and ate at the Coastal Kitchen the other nights.

The Oasis vs Jewel comparison was so completely different for us- a smaller, older ship compared to the Oasis that has so much to offer. I think if you did a Sky Class suite you would be happy and feel it was comparable to the Haven on NCL. But that's just my two cents...

We did NCL Haven (Owner's Suite) on the Jewel last summer and we did RCCL Sky Class (Crown Loft) on the Oasis in November. We enjoyed the perks of RCCL much more than NCL. With the Suite Lounge, we found we didn't need the drink package. We did buy the 3-night dining package and ate at the Coastal Kitchen the other nights.

The Oasis vs Jewel comparison was so completely different for us- a smaller, older ship compared to the Oasis that has so much to offer. I think if you did a Sky Class suite you would be happy and feel it was comparable to the Haven on NCL. But that's just my two cents...

Thanks for the info. That's what we did on NCL, a Haven Spa Suite and you got unlimited access to the ships spa and unlimited visits to Haven's private restaurant, it also included free beverages anywhere and 3 nights at a specialty restaurant.

I'm looking at a April cruise now out of Fort Lauderdale on Harmony and they have a Sky class suite available (Grand balcony suite) and its going to be $7,717 for two. If I go with that option, it says I have all day access to Coastal Kitchen, and free bottled water (upon arrival - whoopty do) The suite lounge is essentially a bar within Coastal Kitchen and it serves free drinks all day for suite guests with a little buffet? I want to clarify this: We would get free beer/wine/cocktails during it's hours 11-11 even tho we don't have a drink package?

Edited by NEcruiser7515

Thanks for the info. That's what we did on NCL, a Haven Spa Suite and you got unlimited access to the ships spa and unlimited visits to Haven's private restaurant, it also included free beverages anywhere and 3 nights at a specialty restaurant.

I'm looking at a April cruise now out of Fort Lauderdale on Harmony and they have a Sky class suite available (Grand balcony suite) and its going to be $7,717 for two. If I go with that option, it says I have all day access to Coastal Kitchen, and free bottled water (upon arrival - whoopty do) The suite lounge is essentially a bar within Coastal Kitchen and it serves free drinks all day for suite guests with a little buffet? I want to clarify this: We would get free beer/wine/cocktails during it's hours 11-11 even tho we don't have a drink package?

Free cocktails during Happy Hour only 4:30-8:00. Only Wine. beer, soft drinks and water from 11:00-11:00.

Carla

I LOVED NCL suite life!!! We will continue loyalty between NCL and RCCL for now. Haven class on the newer NCL ship is unbelievable you have your own private suite deck complete with pool, bar and restaurant. Priority boarding everywhere (ports, embarkation, debarkation), drinks included, in suite perks awesome as well. We have not cruised in the Royal class of suites with RCCL as we simply cannot afford to spend that kind of money on vacation at this point in our lives but we do look forward to having the opportunity eventually.

So in July we sailed the 2 bedroom Haven suite on Pearl and last month we did the 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suite on Oasis. For a family of 5, the Star class suite was slightly less expensive than the Haven suite had been (and since we didn't have airfare, the entire trip was far less expensive).

What you're getting with Star class more than just the unlimited dining and beverage, is the services of the Royal Genie. We didn't wait in line, anywhere for anything. Ever. While there was no private courtyard (which we LOVED with a toddler in tow), I found that I preferred having a Genie to having the Haven courtyard. A big part of that, for me, is that I am the planner who arranges everything and with the Genie I didn't have to do any of it. She had front row seats reserved for us at each show, made all dining reservations and any time someone saw the color of my card they about fell over trying to help us.

So, now we're booked into a Star class suite on Anthem in May - I loved it that much. For that particular trip it is slightly more expensive than the Haven would have been on NCL during the same time period, but for us worth it.

I think that if I were to compare Sky class to Haven, I would opt for a Haven experience. It's difficult to compare, because they are not apples to apples services and it comes down to what services and experiences matter to you. The Genie wasn't a butler, she was more like a super charged personal concierge.

I just wish Royal had more 2 bedroom suite options that included Star class service, because with 3 kids I really like being able to put my two teenage sons in a separate space and ignore their bathroom habits entirely. At least the Grand Loft Suite on Anthem still has a second bathroom. I always have to tip our steward extra - teenage boys are gross.