How cold does it get on deck at night?

gardn198

I always take a light fleece hoodie/jacket and a nicer, light sweater. This way I have something to wear with my jeans and something to wear with my slacks/dresses. Sometimes I find the outside decks to be a bit cool at night (especially if I'm eating ice cream) and have been chilly on occasion in the dining room. As a previous poster said, roll your clothes to save space.

Hey all - relatively newbie cruiser here. This will be my 2nd cruise, but first since I moved to California 6 years ago.

Do the decks get cold at night? Sounds like a dumb question but I have a lot to pack for a bachelorette party and my suitcase space is limited! Do you bring a jacket? I'm definitely a warm-blooded southern Californian now, it's about the same temperature here as our destinations! (Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turk sailing from Orlando!)

Those places get SNOW this time of the year!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Weird.. John Head has my question posted to his page, however someone by the name of Mia submitted it and added some pretty rude commentary, ***??!

That’s so typical of the internet. What you asked is a reasonable question. I take a pashmina for indoors and a light zip-up hoodie for watching dive-in movies. Maybe bring a pair of lounging pants and you’ll be golden!

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never gotten the least bit chilly on deck in the Caribbean, not even on the December cruise I just finished. You may want a light sweater for the interior of the ship - I have never been chilly but I have heard from some that the ac was too much for them.

I always bring 2 cardigans, a black and a white one, for the dining room and night time deck strolls when dressed up, and then have my favorite cozy hoodie for lazier evenings. There are some nights, if you are doing the movie on deck that it got really chilly! Used two of the blankets, leggings and sweatshirt and I got cold, the hot cocoa was handy for those nights. A hoodie or cardigan is nice to have in case of a rainy day too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Used to live in San Diego and Long Beach so I understand your concern.

The Caribbean, especially the southern Caribbean will be nice. Aruba is very near the equator, about 850 mile/12 degrees. Weather, minus any rain showers should be great. I would bring sunscreen and a sweater for the late night shows and walks around the promenade deck at night. Have a great cruise.