Where to shop in Grand Cayman?

The Babels

We will be taking our first cruise later this month (Carnival Glory sailing 1/27) and don't have anything planned for Grand Cayman. We will eventually wind up at 7 Mile Beach but I'm looking for a place my wife can shop without a car before hand. I see a lot of high end shops full of watches and diamonds but we would be more interested in local trinkets and souvenir items. Seems like Cozumel has a lot of that kind of thing but does anyone know of a good strip where she could shop for stuff like that (souvenirs, sandals, maybe a purse,or beach cover up) around Georgetown? I don't mind taking a cab to get somewhere if there is a number of stores there. Thanks for any help.

The downtown area is relatively small and you can browse all of the shops in an hour or less. Some you will know not to walk into.

There are some place to buy small items. I just can't remember the names.

Town much smaller then Cozumel.

Keith

My favourite is Blue Iguana - http://blueiguanasouvenirs.com

It's close to the port, along the waterfront.

There's a couple of other stores (like Too Hot behind Margaritaville) that aren't bad. Lots around if you ignore the port shopping map they give you on the ship and just wander around downtown.

For crafts, there's a small craft market across from Paradise Restaurant. Turn right out of the port and walk until you see it. Max of 15 min walk if you're at the furthest terminal. http://tab.ky/ccm.html

Wow, it's impressive how much information is available on this site. The craft market sounds just perfect and we will definitely check out the Blue Iguana since it's so close to the market. I didn't realize the shopping was all walkable from the pier. Thanks for all the info, I feel much better now having some sort of game plan. 👍

• 3 months later...