Upsell (A True Story)

MsSoCalCruiser

Congrats! We finally took an upsell offer last month for our Royal Princess cruise. I wonder if accepting one offer will get us tagged to get more. It was only our second one out of 21 cruises on Princess.

Upsells are a baiting game. They get you in a better cabin, and you are spoiled. Next time, you book that category, they try to move you up again. Worked on me. Can’t, not have that balcony, or better, ever again. Worst thing now, on NCL, it has all gone to a third party bidding process, with no immediate gratification. The upgrade fairy has died.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Upsells are a baiting game. They get you in a better cabin, and you are spoiled. Next time, you book that category, they try to move you up again. Worked on me. Can’t, not have that balcony, or better, ever again.
I threatened DH that I was going to book an inside cabin to bring us back to reality after being spoiled by all the room in our suite last month. But the price for balcony cabins was such a good bargain that I ended up booking us a guarantee.

For our Royal Princess cruise, we had a cabin assignment within a day of booking a guarantee. We don't have one yet for the Regal. It's only been nine days since I booked, but on the other hand, we have just six weeks to go. The latest we've received a cabin assignment was three days before a cruise (after we had already left home for Seattle).

We booked a Cat. BD guarantee for next month. There are only two of them currently available, but nearly 100 BB, BC, and BA cabins still unassigned, which I consider about the same. There aren't any suites to tempt us with an upsell currently.

• 2 weeks later...
I have never heard of an 'upsell offer' to Aussies, have you? :evilsmile:

We got one once on Diamond Princess repositioning from Tokyo to Sydney. It was from oceanview to balcony for $190pp. We took it cause we thought it was great. Really enjoyed the balcony. Haven't received anymore since. Am hoping for one on our Baltic cruise that we have just booked. :D