Anyone done the Novo Fogo Cachaça Tasting?

Reenwad

Anyone done the Novo Fogo Cachaça Tasting for $25?

If so, I have a couple questions. I know the cocktail is like a Mojito, which I love, but trying to decide between that and the Mixology 101 for a group of friends.

It reads: Samba up to the bar and discover the art of making the Brazilian national cocktail, the caipirinha, featuring Novo Fogo organic cachaça. You’ll receive your own caipirinha glass and cocktail kit to take home.

Is it worth the $25, and what exactly is the kit you get to take home?

I believe this is a relatively new activity aboard X ships, save those which have sailed in the Southern Hemisphere that includes stops in Brazil.

I Am sure someone will chime in on this as well, if a long time activity.

bon voyage

I went to a Novo Fogo tasting on the Reflection last month and I was the only one there. I wound up talking with the world bar bartender about different liquors and I at least tasted Novo Fogo....which is distilled directly from sugar cane vs (almost all) rums which are distilled from molasses (there are a few, non Brazilian, rums distilled directly from sugar cane). Since Novo Fogo is on the classic package, you might be able to just order a Cachaça at any bar...or just drink it straight....but that doesn't help compare different Novo Fogo's. BTW, Total Wine carries a few Novo Fogos in their rum section.

The Mixology 101 is the one I"d recommend. You will actually make the drinks....standing behind the bar like a bartender. We made and drank three full drinks....not just tasters. It was one of the best "alcoholic" events I've attended, at least I think it was :D

I went to a Novo Fogo tasting on the Reflection last month and I was the only one there. I wound up talking with the world bar bartender about different liquors and I at least tasted Novo Fogo....which is distilled directly from sugar cane vs (almost all) rums which are distilled from molasses (there are a few, non Brazilian, rums distilled directly from sugar cane). Since Novo Fogo is on the classic package, you might be able to just order a Cachaça at any bar...or just drink it straight....but that doesn't help compare different Novo Fogo's. BTW, Total Wine carries a few Novo Fogos in their rum section.

The Mixology 101 is the one I"d recommend. You will actually make the drinks....standing behind the bar like a bartender. We made and drank three full drinks....not just tasters. It was one of the best "alcoholic" events I've attended, at least I think it was :D

The best for me is the Macallan tasting.. did this on Millie and it was great.. In My Opine.. then follows the World Wine Tasting..

bon voyage

Thank you! I did a martini class on a Carnival ship in the Alchemy Bar last year and we had an absolute blast! I'm with a few different friends this cruise, so maybe I'll stick with that! :tropical-drink::whiskey-glass::cocktail: