Venice - hotel to Pier

tlreze

I have searched to the point my eyes hurt figuring out how to get from airport to hotel, hotel to pier and pier to airport (sooo much stuff)

We are staying at Rosa Salvo Hotel right there by St Marks Sq. I figured we need to take the orange line from airport to hotel and get off at Rialto Bridge then a 10-15 mins walk UGGGG

Pier to Airport we will just take a land taxi since we will be staying in Venice for a few days before

The question is how do I get from Hotel to Pier? Do we have to walk back to Rialto Bridge and take Vaparetto to Piazza Roma, then take the people mover to the port?

Looking at a map, your hotel seems to be about equidistant from the Rialto and San Marco vaporetto stops. (I believe it's Rosa Salva, right? Not Rosa Salvo as you wrote?)

At any rate, my suggestion would be to email the hotel and ask them which vaporetto stop is better for you (easier walk, fewer bridges). And perhaps they can also suggest how to get to the port.

If the San Marco stop is relatively feasible from the hotel, there is an Alilaguna line (blue line) that has a stop at San Marco and will take you right to the cruise port without having to hassle with the People Mover:

https://www.alilaguna.it/en/lines/lines-map

Looking at a map, your hotel seems to be about equidistant from the Rialto and San Marco vaporetto stops. (I believe it's Rosa Salva, right? Not Rosa Salvo as you wrote?)

At any rate, my suggestion would be to email the hotel and ask them which vaporetto stop is better for you (easier walk, fewer bridges). And perhaps they can also suggest how to get to the port.

If the San Marco stop is relatively feasible from the hotel, there is an Alilaguna line (blue line) that has a stop at San Marco and will take you right to the cruise port without having to hassle with the People Mover:

https://www.alilaguna.it/en/lines/lines-map

thank you

I think I see on the map now what you are saying. So if I change hotel to Penisione Wildner, I should be able to use the Alilaguna blue line from airport to hotel and then from to Cruise Port?

Yes, that would be a much easier hotel to navigate to/from and you could use Alilaguna from the airport to the San Zaccaria stop near the Wildner, and take the same line from the same stop (San Zaccaria) to the cruise port.

This assumes you are on a ship sailing from the Marittima port, which is where most ships dock. A few smaller ships dock at a different place: San Basilio.

Which ship are you sailing on?

I concur with trying to take the Alilaguna bus to both the St Marks stop and later from there to the cruise port. It is very convenient and takes you where you want to go at the port. If there are 4 or more in your group, you can also consider taking a water taxi to the port for about the same price and then be on your own schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, that would be a much easier hotel to navigate to/from and you could use Alilaguna from the airport to the San Zaccaria stop near the Wildner, and take the same line from the same stop (San Zaccaria) to the cruise port.

This assumes you are on a ship sailing from the Marittima port, which is where most ships dock. A few smaller ships dock at a different place: San Basilio.

Which ship are you sailing on?

thanks, I actually just changed to Hotel Londra Palace just a few doors down.....we are sailing on NCL star. Thanks again for your help