Serenity area

sfnew2sail

So is there any way to deal with these beastly chair hogs.?

Move their towels and take the chair: they’re the ones breaking the rules. Don’t let a good deck chair go to waste.

If you’re afraid of confrontation, I can say from experience that 9 times out of 10, nothing will happen. And if they do act confrontational, just ignore them. If they get too out of control, security will deal with them. Just don’t get in a confrontation or you could get in trouble, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Move their towels and take the chair: they’re the ones breaking the rules. Don’t let a good deck chair go to waste.

If you’re afraid of confrontation, I can say from experience that 9 times out of 10, nothing will happen. And if they do act confrontational, just ignore them. If they get too out of control, security will deal with them. Just don’t get in a confrontation or you could get in trouble, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The crew is supposed to enforce this but they do not unfortunately.

The crew is supposed to enforce this but they do not unfortunately.

On Glory I did see a crew member in the adult pool area that seemed to be monitoring this in addition to making sure adults only used the pool. I didn't spend enough time at the main pool to see if they had someone there doing the same thing.

That being said I've never had an issue finding a chair in Serenity.

No reservations, and I think the chair hog issue is very circumstantial... also depends on the ship. In the past I've sailed on Magic and Breeze and found that on Sea Days the hogs were out in full force and there was no enforcement from Carnival employees.

I have however watched a particular clamshell or seat I want and if it's unoccupied for more than 30-40 minutes I've been known to tell a Carnival staff member, and given them the items in the seat and take it over. That way, if the owner is nearby, they would see me and intervene. If they're not and they come back later, I just innocently tell them (truthfully) that their stuff was taken by the Carnival employee... conflict avoided!