Flight Changes

Bxmt54

We are booked on the 3/24 Viking Sky sailing. Today was the first day I could go online to schedule excursions. As I was doing that, I noticed that all of our flights had changed. We were booked on Delta (in Delta comfort class) and now we are booked on American in Economy. On 12/15 we made all of our arrangements for flights times, cities, seats etc. I called Viking tonight and they said our flights had all been changed on 1/2....with no explanation given. The air arrangement department was closed and the rep I spoke with had no idea what may have caused this. We paid the extra for being able to choose our preferred flights as well as the upgrade charge for Delta Comfort. I will speak to my TA on Monday but I am very curious if this has happened to anyone else and if so do you know why. I’m just a little concerned that we won’t be able to get our original arrangements reinstated.

The same thing happened to me. I am booked on the 03/27 Viking Sea sailing. In early July I paid the $50 Viking Air Plus fee, and made air arrangements that I was very happy with. The confirmation from Viking said that the arrangements had been "finalized" In early December I logged on to My Viking Journey website, and noticed that the air reservations were totally different than what had been arranged, and the new flights were MUCH less satisfactory. My travel agent contacted Viking, and after much correspondence back and forth I received an email from Viking saying that my flights had been changed back to what we had originally agreed upon. However My Viking Journey no longer shows my flight arrangements at all...which worries me a little. I am able to see my reservations on the airline's website - the flight numbers are the ones that I had requested, but the departure times are different by a couple of hours, from the times on information I received from Viking.

The same thing happened to me. I am booked on the 03/27 Viking Sea sailing. In early July I paid the $50 Viking Air Plus fee, and made air arrangements that I was very happy with. The confirmation from Viking said that the arrangements had been "finalized" In early December I logged on to My Viking Journey website, and noticed that the air reservations were totally different than what had been arranged, and the new flights were MUCH less satisfactory. My travel agent contacted Viking, and after much correspondence back and forth I received an email from Viking saying that my flights had been changed back to what we had originally agreed upon. However My Viking Journey no longer shows my flight arrangements at all...which worries me a little. I am able to see my reservations on the airline's website - the flight numbers are the ones that I had requested, but the departure times are different by a couple of hours, from the times on information I received from Viking.

Go by the confirmation number given to you by Viking. As you said , you can see the flights #, times, and seats on the airline web site. Those are the ones to watch at least once a week.

My flight on UA from Barcelona to Newark in April has changed three times already , my connection time from Newark to MSP has also changed.

This is what arilines do these days. Watch them like a hawk.

Change in flight times has nothing to do with Viking. My air info had also disappeared on my MJV at various times, but could always log into the airline site with my confirmation number and see my flight times and my seat number.

Sandshark, we are on the same sailing. Come join our roll call.

Patti

Hope everyone's arrangements work out. We almost always handle our own air (many times using points) because we like to be in control. Lots of stories here on CC (various forums) where cruise air reservations were changed, or were just flat-out terrible due to timing.

You have to make sure you tell them to ticket the flights, otherwise, they are subject to change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even once ticketed the flight times can change. It has happened to me countless times whether I book on my own or use any cruise air. I usually fly Delta. But for this cruise, Viking has me on AA and UA flights for my transatlantic in March. Most of the time ,it only five or ten mintues. But if it makes your connection times impossible, then call the airlines.

It is always important to watch your flight times on a weekly basis in my epxerience.

Complete itinerary and flight changes have occurred with San Juan - Airlines have actually pulled out, and flights were cancelled - so while not common at all, it can happen.....

Yes, it was crazy after the hurricane.

But all is booked now... be in San Juan and staying at the El Convento on March 25.

We’ve had several problems with Viking Air, ranging from having two layovers instead of one to being told we couldn’t get seat assignments until we were at the gate for our flight from Rome to JFK. I’ve been on the phone at least 10 times trying to rectify these situations.

Always book your own air!! Examples on this thread are the reason why. Also when you do your own, you speak directly to the airline, (not that they're much better) you're not dealing through an intermediary.

Always book your own air!! Examples on this thread are the reason why. Also when you do your own, you speak directly to the airline, (not that they're much better) you're not dealing through an intermediary.

Well, I always said this as well. We usually use miles to upgrade, and when that isn’t possible figure it out....we learned a lesson though - when a natural disaster hits and affects everything you planned, then it doesn’t always work out best. When Viking is in charge of your flights they are going to be figuring it out for you. So moving forward, I need to be more flexible in my thinking.