Babysitting services more info needed

Avigile

We are first time cruisers travelling later this year with a 2 year old and a 5 year old. I spoke with Royal Caribbean to get some more information on their Royal Tots program, (which we will need to pay for) for our 2 year old and they said the club is open 9am - 12pm, 2pm - 5pm and 7pm - 10pm. During the hours it is closed we will have to arrange for a babysitter which is $19 p/h. I've also been told it is first come first served . I imagine we would want to utilise babysitters during days on land..

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Does one of us need to be onboard when we are using a babysitter?

Do we need to tell them on the first day when we will envision needing a babysitter for the rest of the cruise?

I'm veering towards changing the cruise to a P&O ship as I understand from 2 years and above the club is free and open all day plus a night nursery until 2am as well...thoughts? TIA

Thank you Clare-ea. Do you happen to know if the opening times of Royal Tots I mentioned in my post are correct? Even the lady I spoke to in customer services wasn't sure..

No, sorry, I don't know the operating hours for Royal Tots.

If you mention the name of the ship, perhaps we will be able to find a recent review or some scanned documents with that info.

On my recent sailing on the Oasis the nursery was basically open all day. From the email I received from the Genie (concierge service) beforehand:

Everyday Open at 9:00 am ( or if we arrive earlier to port 30 min before) - midnight.

Turnaround day (12:00 pm - 3:15 pm & 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm - Registration Only) - 9:00 pm - midnight (Drop offs)

It is $6.00 per hour per child before 6:00 pm

And $8.00 per hour per child after 6:00 pm

The Adventure Ocean club for your 5 year old has the hours they mentioned on the phone. As I understand it, you can leave the kids on the ship and disembark and I believe they offer different hours for port days. I've never used that service, because I like to take my kids around port. Several years ago on CoCo Cay they had an Adventure Ocean area where you could drop off the older kids, but I don't know if they still offer this on the private beach.

Nursery services are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis but I did not experience any trouble reserving the nursery. You can make the reservations on the first day when you register your kids.

In-room sitting is more difficult. Basically, that works on a volunteer basis from the crew members and if no one volunteers, there are no in room sitters. I have not had the greatest luck with this service, having a confirmed reservation with no one who shows up.

Thanks..I've also been scanning previous threads..it is Independence of the Seas..

Here is a Compass from a recent Indy cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54691968#post54691968

[url=https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54691968#post54691968][/url]

Not sure if it will have any info about children's services, but it's all I can find in the recent past.

Here is a Compass from a recent Indy cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54691968#post54691968

Not sure if it will have any info about children's services, but it's all I can find in the recent past.

They actually make a separate Cruise Compass for the kids stuff and place them in your room every night. Unfortunately I didn't save mine.

Does anyone know the Royal Nursery & Tots hours for Freedom of Seas? And I've heard there is a limit to the hours you can sign up for initially. Does anyone know that limit? Or even a ballpark would be helpful.

I believe it is ten hours initially. After that it depends on availability. Many posters have indicated having no problem booking additional hours. I guess it depends on how many littles on board and if their parents want to use the nursery.