Can you order alcohol bottles to your room after sailing?

gardn198

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I see that I can order wine/liquor/beer online ahead of time in the Fun Shop to have it waiting in my room.

What happens if you run out mid-cruise? Can you order another bottle to have delivered? Or do you have to drink at the bar the rest of the time?

Yes but there will be a 15% gratuity added and I've read that you must be in the cabin to accept delivery.

I was not charged a gratuity on a bottle of liquor I purchased last week on Dream so I tipped the room service person in cash upon delivery. They charged me $85 for Bacardi which is also what I paid in Fun Shop pre-cruise. For Fun Shop pre-cruise purchases, they always charge me my state sales tax. And yes, I did have to sign for it when they delivered it, which they don't do when you purchase pre-cruise from Fun Shop.

Yes but there will be a 15% gratuity added and I've read that you must be in the cabin to accept delivery.

15% is a lot to be added on an already double priced bottle of vodka. Maybe I'll just order extra through the Fun Shop instead.

15% is a lot to be added on an already double priced bottle of vodka. Maybe I'll just order extra through the Fun Shop instead.

Unless it has changed....you can only order 2 bottles from the Fun Shops prior to sailing.

You can order from room service during the cruise at the same prices. I don't recall ever seeing a 15% grat added to the bill when the RS waiter arrived. We always add a good tip for the waiter before he/she leaves.

I was not charged a gratuity on a bottle of liquor I purchased last week on Dream so I tipped the room service person in cash upon delivery. They charged me $85 for Bacardi which is also what I paid in Fun Shop pre-cruise. For Fun Shop pre-cruise purchases, they always charge me my state sales tax. And yes, I did have to sign for it when they delivered it, which they don't do when you purchase pre-cruise from Fun Shop.

Unless it has changed....you can only order 2 bottles from the Fun Shops prior to sailing.

You can order from room service during the cruise at the same prices. I don't recall ever seeing a 15% grat added to the bill when the RS waiter arrived. We always add a good tip for the waiter before he/she leaves.

Quite possible that I've misunderstood what I've read.

Quite possible that I've misunderstood what I've read.

And maybe you didn't misunderstand! We all read here on this board all the time how things can vary ship to ship. As with most things Carnival, YMMV. I think it is very possible a 15% gratuity could be charged.

And maybe you didn't misunderstand! We all read here on this board all the time how things can vary ship to ship. As with most things Carnival, YMMV. I think it is very possible a 15% gratuity could be charged.

LOL, that is a distinct possibility also.:)

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I see that I can order wine/liquor/beer online ahead of time in the Fun Shop to have it waiting in my room.

What happens if you run out mid-cruise? Can you order another bottle to have delivered? Or do you have to drink at the bar the rest of the time?

Yes!:D