new to MSC

matt87

Hello all! well after checking the prices and frankly kinda getting kinda bored with carnival and rci. my wife and i decided to try MSC. the prices are really enticing and the Seaside is stunning! anyway we booked a balcony cabin on deck 15 and chose the fantastica package. we usually sail in july or august with school teacher friends, but this year its just us so we are going in september. hopefully there will be less children. so what kind of experience can i expect? how will the food compare to ccl and rci? how is the food service? entertainment? any tips and thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

You'll probably get a better idea just reading through the current threads. There's only been like 3 sailings or so on her so far. That question has been asked so many times on here since the Seaside was introduced not too many are answering it anymore. It's my first MSC cruise in April as well. Expect lots of kids in July btw with all the kids stuff/activities aboard but perhaps a lot less when school is in session in April. Kids sail free will keep plenty around.

I think there will be less children in sept but that being said, MSC has children sail free if under 11...so I think there will be more children then most cruise lines regardless.

I’ve been on the divina but not seaside. People have commented that they do not like the food or selection, I think he area of food and what one deems a good variety/selection is subjective. What I can say I that I find that they don’t as much variety as some other heavy hitters as lines like princess or royal, but there is too much food on those lines as well. For the average person I think the amount they offer is great and I only had a few meals where I found it not to my liking so I fixed it by ordering something else.

Service is sometimes slower than other lines but I think it’s 50% different company standards and 50% expectations from an impatient society wanting immediate attention and service .

There is not as much entertainment as the big guys or at least the ones I’ve been on. But they have enough to keep you up into the wee hours of you wish to participate. The seaside will have a comedy improv club which is new.

I hope you have a great trip, my family and I will be in her in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed the Divina after many RC and Celebrity cruises. We loved it. Beautiful ship. European style accents. Excellent Italian food, especially pizza. Reasonably priced drinks. Matched our status from RC. Can't wait to book another one.

Hello all! well after checking the prices and frankly kinda getting kinda bored with carnival and rci. my wife and i decided to try MSC. the prices are really enticing and the Seaside is stunning! anyway we booked a balcony cabin on deck 15 and chose the fantastica package. we usually sail in july or august with school teacher friends, but this year its just us so we are going in september. hopefully there will be less children. so what kind of experience can i expect? how will the food compare to ccl and rci? how is the food service? entertainment? any tips and thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Go and form your own opinion.

i plan to form my own opinion. just was curious as to the main differences from msc from rccl and ccl.

Personal opinion! Been on RCI but not CCL. I remember not to long ago we stopped cruising RCI because we thought the food was poor. However, we do cruise RCI now and the food is banquet style food on all the cruise lines.

Food is subjective. We find the food on MSC Divina to be warm in the MDR, not hot. Food quality and selection is not as great as it was before on all the cruise lines. Some people think MSC has the best pizza. We think their pizza is poor. So, who is right and who is wrong? Like the Other Person said, 'go and form your own opinion.'

Entertainment we think is very good on MSC as we have seen the same shows time after time on RCI, Celebrity and Princess. That is why we cruise more than one cruise line to see the variety.

I don't think you can go wrong trying MSC. It is your money, your choice. Everyone has an opinion. Try it and if you like it say thanks to all of us. If you don't like it.......... LOL

Happy Cruising!!!!

What RCI ships have you been on and what MSC are you going on? This may help others to give you their opinions.