Cell phone usage with verizon wireless

Hi,

If you stay at a hotel pre or post cruise in a different country you should be able to use their Wi-Fi to make calls (face-time) text and surf for free correct? No need to purchase the Verizon plan, unless you are in an area where there is no Wi-Fi.

ML

Correct, as long as you have enabled WiFi calling on your phone.

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me with texting while on the Allure. We have a large group of 10 and I am trying to figure out how we can text each other without everyone having to pay for a Voom package. We all use Verizon. Can we pay by the text while on board? Thank you for your help!

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me with texting while on the Allure. We have a large group of 10 and I am trying to figure out how we can text each other without everyone having to pay for a Voom package. We all use Verizon. Can we pay by the text while on board? Thank you for your help!

Yes, you can pay Verizon by the text. Cost is $0.50 per text sent, $0.05 per text received. Charges will appear on your Verizon bill.

I can confirm that this is correct also. I used mine on a recent cruise. Mexico was included in my plan, but paid the $10 for use on Grand Cayman. If you need to make phone calls to local providers, make sure you understand how to dial an international number before you go, and make sure you turn roaming off when you reach your destination.

*side note-- I have an iPhone and I was able to send and receive texts to/from other iPhones on AD using the ship's wifi (we were using the D+ internet coupons). Sometimes took awhile and some pictures failed to send if it was slow but all the texts eventually went through while logged in.