Sand & water quality comparison of the beaches

GotMINI

We will be in Roatan the beginning of April on the Carnival Magic. We want to go and spend a nice day on the beach, relaxing, swimming, maybe snorkeling (but not req'd). I've been doing A LOT of research of the various locations and while I have a better sense on the cost of each and what we can expect in terms of crowds, vendors (or lack there of), sand fleas, etc., but what I cannot figure out is what the actual sand on the beach will be like and the quality of the water.

Has anyone been to West Bay, West End, the north side (at or near Turquoise Beach) and Mahogany Beach? I don't mind paying $, the 40 min ride, and even dealing with the vendors to go to West Bay if that is the absolute best beach. However, if it's going to be essentially the same quality sand/water then maybe I should save my $ and stay at Mahogany. That's my dilemna for my day in Roatan.

We will be in Roatan the beginning of April on the Carnival Magic. We want to go and spend a nice day on the beach, relaxing, swimming, maybe snorkeling (but not req'd). I've been doing A LOT of research of the various locations and while I have a better sense on the cost of each and what we can expect in terms of crowds, vendors (or lack there of), sand fleas, etc., but what I cannot figure out is what the actual sand on the beach will be like and the quality of the water.

Has anyone been to West Bay, West End, the north side (at or near Turquoise Beach) and Mahogany Beach? I don't mind paying $, the 40 min ride, and even dealing with the vendors to go to West Bay if that is the absolute best beach. However, if it's going to be essentially the same quality sand/water then maybe I should save my $ and stay at Mahogany. That's my dilemna for my day in Roatan.

This answer is weather dependent, without knowing what the weather is going to be on the day that you are there...

Have you tried checking the images on Google Earth just for giggles, or even pictures on Google Images.