Thinking about booking Carnival Miracle out of Tampa looking for honest reviews

swimmom32

Good Evening

Its been years since Ive posted...We are looking to book the Miracle out of Tampa to Panama....we always cruise carnival...Is or has this ship been retro fitted/dry docked? If so when and what does this ship offer?

We are not traveling with kids, just 4 adults

Thank You

Just off the Miracle yesterday. (See my earlier post on page 1) This was our 3rd cruise on the Miracle and previously my favorite ship. Not so much anymore. She is in desperate need of refurbishing. The towels were VERY dingy almost beige. Okay, no big deal, they're clean.

Have to say the food was EXCELLENT! By far the best we've had on a cruise in years.

Comedy was hilarious. Shows - not so much. 88 Keys was really good. Avoid Getaway Island show. Awful. And it takes a lot for me to say that.

Take note of the happy hours if you're so inclined. Ours was 3-5 in the RedFrog pub with 50% on all drinks. The fishbowl is normally $19.95 so for $10 you get the equivalent of four and a half drinks!! Issue: if you don't finish it you can't take it with you like other glasses. SO - ask them to pour it into a pitcher for you and you can take it with you! Since so many had gotten the fishbowls our came served in pitchers. You can get any drink that they make in the RFP in a fishbowl. (It looks like a giant margarita glass.

I second the comments about the vibration of the ship. I've noticed it before but not sure if it was as bad as this cruise. We were on deck 7, midship cabin 7200, and the vibration was driving me nuts when I climbed into bed at night! I too, thought of the old "Magic Fingers" beds but this never shuts off.

First cruise that I never saw the cruise director! Quite surprising! Usually they start off the headliner shows, etc. Not this time.

Any questions, please ask

We just got back from our cruise on the Miracle out of Tampa. We were both very disappointed. The ship was nice, but Carnival service has really gone downhill. Dinner in the dining room was rushed every night and the food was not very good (in the dining room), very disappointing. No wait staff coming around by the pool for drinks. Lots of other little issues. Probably will not ever book on Carnival again.

Currently on the Miracle and having a great time! So far the decor doesn’t bother me, the extended balcony on deck 7 is great. Steward and attention from all staff is amazing! This is our first cruise and I didn’t know what to expect but I am VERY pleased! I have a phobia of water and ships, but even with the vibration (it’s a real thing on this ship), I’m doing great!

The food had been wonderful, I loved the steak house, sea day brunch and the burger from the lido deck grill. Drinks are wonderful and I have to say, they know how to throw a Super Bowl party! I’m only a couple days in, but I would cruise the Miracle again. She’s easy to get around on. The piano bar and the Red Frog Pub are wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

avoid aft cabins - this ship vibrates like no other! We had the aft wrap last July and it was so bad, made it hard to sleep and the glassware at the bar area was clinking so much, we just had it all removed. The dining room had tables with vibrating glassware too. I don't think I would book Miracle again.

Absolutely agree on the vibration! We had an aft Vista Suite with wrap around balcony and it was very difficult to sleep due to this. Such a shame too, because the Vista Suite is amazing and I would definitely book it again if it wasn't for this issue.

Good Evening

Its been years since Ive posted...We are looking to book the Miracle out of Tampa to Panama....we always cruise carnival...Is or has this ship been retro fitted/dry docked? If so when and what does this ship offer?

We are not traveling with kids, just 4 adults

Thank You

Yes the ship was in dry dock a couple years ago, and we booked it Feb 24!:D:D