Long Term Parking for Boston Cruise Departure

Buckeyefan1985

I use Matrix ITA, but I think google flights would show the same. Once you know the airline you should be able to book it at that price on their own site.

Boston in October is wicked expensive thanks to the leaf peepers and college "homecomings"

What site are you searching on? I see a $92 flight but we'd miss the ship as it arrives at 2:46pm. The morning flights are all over $200.

I'd love the $75 flight coming in the day before, but hotels are just ridiculous in October. Any recommendations for inexpensive hotels?

We did look at Amtrak, and it's doable at $108 for the one way, but we're about an hour from the station and the cost to get there, well we might've as well flown. LOL

Where exactly do you live and what are the one way car rental prices? With a one way car rental you can drive to the Sturbridge or Framingham area and get a reasonably priced hotel on Sat night. The drive into Boston on Sun morning will be easy - I90 (Mass Pike) will take you directly to the Ted Williams tunnel to Logan Airport to return the car. Uber to the port should be under $25.

Where exactly do you live and what are the one way car rental prices? With a one way car rental you can drive to the Sturbridge or Framingham area and get a reasonably priced hotel on Sat night. The drive into Boston on Sun morning will be easy - I90 (Mass Pike) will take you directly to the Ted Williams tunnel to Logan Airport to return the car. Uber to the port should be under $25.

We're in central NJ. Only a few hours away. We actually contemplated driving to the Boston airport, leaving our car there, and flying back to Boston from FLL. But then we still have to drive home...

Since we are not familiar with the Boston area at all, it's hard to know where it's okay to stay or not. We're used to NYC where you don't cross certain streets, go more than so many blocks past something, that kind of thing. I'll see what I can find in those two areas you mentioned. Thanks!

We're in central NJ. Only a few hours away. We actually contemplated driving to the Boston airport, leaving our car there, and flying back to Boston from FLL. But then we still have to drive home...

Since we are not familiar with the Boston area at all, it's hard to know where it's okay to stay or not. We're used to NYC where you don't cross certain streets, go more than so many blocks past something, that kind of thing. I'll see what I can find in those two areas you mentioned. Thanks!

The two areas I mentioned are definitely in nice suburban Boston areas 45-60 minutes from downtown. This suggested plan only works with a rental car. Lodging for your car while you are on a repo cruise requires a completely different strategy.