In Cabin Alcohol

Peterpatch1

I would be one of those "forum police" type people - just wouldn't do it. Rum runners? I'm guessing that means hip flask and not a pair of joggers that you use for a mad dash to the nearest bar????:D

OMG I almost tipped over my coffee laughing at this:') Thanks:D I needed a good laugh! I’ll name my new trainers “Rum Runners”:evilsmile:

I would be one of those "forum police" type people - just wouldn't do it. Rum runners? I'm guessing that means hip flask and not a pair of joggers that you use for a mad dash to the nearest bar????:D

Rum runners are plastic flask (more like a IV bag than a flask though). They are designed to sneak booze into place where you are not supposed to bring your own. Ships, concerts etc. Although that is a great name for a pair of shoes.

Rum runners are plastic flask (more like a IV bag than a flask though). They are designed to sneak booze into place where you are not supposed to bring your own. Ships, concerts etc. Although that is a great name for a pair of shoes.

Interesting. I assumed they were light weight plastic flasks. Something pliable is so much better;p BTW DH (aka WeeDram) understands your frustration with the limited single malt list.

I've ordered a scotch, and a few minutes later ordered another etc. I pour the new ones into the first glass and before ya know it I have a full glass of Macallan to relax with in the cabin. Some bartenders will pour you a double (some wont) and 3 of those should hold you over for a night or two in the cabin. If you don't finish it in the cabin just pour your leftover into a water bottle and stick it in the fridge.

This is what I did my last cruise. After a few times in the same bar and a few tips you will get your doubles. Then walk it to your room. Now I like the suites where I bought "Chevas" and I did enjoying my Butler who would pour my afternoon drinks.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

For future reference: you can bring your own spirits (as well as wine) on Oceania. Must be consumed in your cabin though wine can go to dinner with corkage fee.

Checked aboard with Oceania in Los Angeles with 12 bottles of wine, which we drank on the way to Hawaii, brought 6 more on board in Hilo and 6 more on board in French Polynesia. Never ran short of wine whilst sitting out on our balcony.

• 2 weeks later...
I've ordered a scotch, and a few minutes later ordered another etc. I pour the new ones into the first glass and before ya know it I have a full glass of Macallan to relax with in the cabin. Some bartenders will pour you a double (some wont) and 3 of those should hold you over for a night or two in the cabin. If you don't finish it in the cabin just pour your leftover into a water bottle and stick it in the fridge.

That's a great tip. Those prices so seem rather extreme! :)

Our Bar on our last cruise. we also had the case of wine sent to the Bar to open every night for dinner.

Very nice! I wish I could justify a suite but that would cut into my many other vices;)

I would like to know the size (capacity) of the bottle of scotch that Celebrity sells for $100. It does not seem to be listed on their site. Thanks.

Most of the bottles on the ship are 1 liter.