Teen Club - info please

KarimaJ

So this will be the first cruise where my daughter will be old enough for the teen club, she is just turning 13. My question is around supervision in the teen club. Is there always someone there? I'm a little uneasy about her being there with 17 years olds. Do they just come and go as they please? Any organized activities for them or is it just a hang out place?

Thanks!

So this will be the first cruise where my daughter will be old enough for the teen club, she is just turning 13. My question is around supervision in the teen club. Is there always someone there? I'm a little uneasy about her being there with 17 years olds. Do they just come and go as they please? Any organized activities for them or is it just a hang out place?

Thanks!

My grandchildren cruise with me frequently. My older grandson has been in the teen Club once or twice a year since 14. They do have teen club leaders and they have organized activities, treasure hunts, video game competitions, teen dance night, teen glow party, late night swim, etc. all of these are supervised. Of course you have to check in to make sure your teen is comfortable in the group and the teams they get paired with for some of the competitions. One night my son-in-law wanted to check in on the late night swim. It was about 10pm at the pool on deck 12. We walked out on deck 13 to observe. My son-in-law started to take a photo with his iPhone. The teen supervisor called up and stopped him. Told him he was violating the kids privacy. Knew he was a parent but said all of the kids deserved privacy so they could be themselves. At least we knew they were paying attention. Not just to the kids but to the other cruisers around them. Hope this helps.

My grandchildren cruise with me frequently. My older grandson has been in the teen Club once or twice a year since 14. They do have teen club leaders and they have organized activities, treasure hunts, video game competitions, teen dance night, teen glow party, late night swim, etc. all of these are supervised. Of course you have to check in to make sure your teen is comfortable in the group and the teams they get paired with for some of the competitions. One night my son-in-law wanted to check in on the late night swim. It was about 10pm at the pool on deck 12. We walked out on deck 13 to observe. My son-in-law started to take a photo with his iPhone. The teen supervisor called up and stopped him. Told him he was violating the kids privacy. Knew he was a parent but said all of the kids deserved privacy so they could be themselves. At least we knew they were paying attention. Not just to the kids but to the other cruisers around them. Hope this helps.

Good to know.

I’ve had kids in the clubs at 14, 15, 16, and 17, make sure you sign them up and they go the first night to find a friend group. There are activities, and just hang out times. The ages seem to segregate on their own. For example , ds15 and dd17 had their own group, ds14, dd14 and dd16 had their own groups. On our last cruise, my oldest were 19 and 20, and hung around with the same crowd for the first time really.

They are not babysitters, but teens reall6 don’t need babysitters.

They are not babysitters, but teens reall6 don’t need babysitters.

Yes I get it. I would just hope a supervisor would put to stop to any inappropriate activity if you know what I mean. Especially if younger kids are around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the teen club is for the 13-15 year old set. I can tell you my daughters by the time they got to be about 14 wanted nothing to do with a teen club. Seventeen year olds don't want to hang around 13 year olds.

It’s for up to 17, my teens used it the first night to meet others their ages, participated in some activities (especially my boys with sports), and as a spot to meet up. My oldest were a bit hesitant on our last cruise being over 18, but went the young adult hours at a bar every night, and formed a pretty large group hang out with and eat 3 am wings with (especially since they could drink beer and wine).

I think it’s safe to say that the older teens won’t mix with the younger ones really.

My daughter was 13 and two weeks for her first teen club experience. We set a curfew for each night (depending on if it was a port or sea day the next day), gave her an extra 15 minutes if she was joining in on a specific activity from when said activity was supposed to end to allow her time to check in or get to our room, and we paid for the iconcierge texting on her iPod so she could text us if she was switching venues or coming back to the room. All this worked great, she pretty much hung out with the younger teens and had a great time. She did tell me one kid was banned for pushing... so the supervisors do pay attention. But they don’t follow the kids around if they choose to go do something on their own,

If you google gambee and entourage, you should be able to find his website with all the splash academy and entourage dailies from the Escape. The ships all use basically the same rotation of activities, the only big difference would be if the cruise you are on is longer than a week. Anyhow, there can be more than one dance party night... if you include one just for entourage and one for the glow party.