My favorite cruise breakfast----what's yours?

richard1226

I wld really appreciate knowing exactly what ingredients go into a 'mimosa' and what other foods can u or should u drink them with?

Plus, what is a 'cortadito' - sounds exotic and likely 'yummy'?

Thankyou so much..

all I know is cortadito in spanish means cut in small pieces ..:rolleyes:

I wld really appreciate knowing exactly what ingredients go into a 'mimosa' and what other foods can u or should u drink them with?

Plus, what is a 'cortadito' - sounds exotic and likely 'yummy'?

Thankyou so much..

A mimosa is quite simple....champagne (I like extra dry) and orange juice. I mix it 50/50, but you can mix any ratio you want. For a change, I also like a 50/50 mix of champagne and a fruit nector which you can by in the canned juice section of the grocery store. These are served in champagne glasses.

A cortadito is generally a Cuban thing....it is mixture of half warm cream and half colada. Colada is a very strong, sweet expresso which is often served in a small "shot" cup. Cortadito is served in a regular expresso-sized cup. However, when I make it for myself....I make a coffee mug full!

A mimosa is quite simple....champagne (I like extra dry) and orange juice. I mix it 50/50, but you can mix any ratio you want. For a change, I also like a 50/50 mix of champagne and a fruit nector which you can by in the canned juice section of the grocery store. These are served in champagne glasses.

A cortadito is generally a Cuban thing....it is mixture of half warm cream and half colada. Colada is a very strong, sweet expresso which is often served in a small "shot" cup. Cortadito is served in a regular expresso-sized cup. However, when I make it for myself....I make a coffee mug full!

Really appreciate your posting this information - have always wondered but never thought to ask what mimosas were made of.

Ahhh...the cortadito sounds 'fab' also..

Simply have to try them both asap - one or 2 or 10 or...well u get the drift --- :0)!!

Just in case u might be interested & haven't already tried it - I recently had Amaretto & pineapple juice - great together - tastes a little like cherries..addictive also :0)!!!!

Many thanks &

have happy cruisin'!!!

• 1 month later...

The best breakfast food is always in the dining room, but with the exception of the last day of the cruise, we always take breakfast outside on a deck in fresh air! The last day, I can't handle staring at the home port.:( :cool:

Are these bangers Kosher?:rolleyes: All I know is that's it is 10:07pm and I would really like a bagel/lox/cream cheese & a slice of tomato. Lox is now about $12.00lb. How much is it up in Pauwakee ?

Lox for $12 a pound! Lucky you. It's over $20 a pound for Nova here. (I expect it to be more for the holidays) . You really need to add a bermuda onion to your bagel/lox/creamcheese/tomato.

• 4 weeks later...

On the NCL Sun they had baked beans on the breakfast buffet line.

When I was younger while visiting England we had baked beans on toast and I forgot all about it until I saw the baked beans...

So baked beans on toast is my favorite ... but now I also make it at home a few times per month!

We always eat breakfast in the dining room except when we have an early shore excursion. Why go through a cafeteria line when you are being pampered. I like to be waited on! My very favorite breakfast dish is Eggs Benedict, with lox instead of canadian bacon. You have to ask for it, but HAL will always comply. A few capers on top of the Hollandaise. And, you can order an extra pitcher of Hollandaise on the side. To die for!

• 5 weeks later...

Well, the best cruise breakfast I've ever had was on my first cruise. It was on the baby Rennaissance IV out of Antigua.

On vacations only, I looooooove having steak & eggs and I'd order it every morning in the dining room. Normally, that was a sirloin cut. However, on debarkation day, the staff served me a filet mignon.

Just because of that detail, that cruise remains my best one to date. Well, the fact that there were only 104 passengers, each cabin was a suite, and the staff was Scandinavian probably helped as well... ;-)

All this talk about bagels and cream cheese made me hungry tonight, (I mean this morning, it's 1:30)! So I go downstairs, get the bagels, cream cheese and grape jelly out of the fridge......:eek: ....oh no, a little green fuzz on the cream cheese! No problemo, scraped it off, and went to the other side of the container for my cream cheese.......yums! (now I can get to sleep:rolleyes: )

ummm...I just almost gagged at work:eek: , i mean seriously... grape jelly!!!:D

Are these bangers Kosher?:rolleyes: All I know is that's it is 10:07pm and I would really like a bagel/lox/cream cheese & a slice of tomato. Lox is now about $12.00lb. How much is it up in Pauwakee ?

In Los Angeles, Lox will run you $25-29/lb...those bangers are anything but kosher.

• 6 years later...

My favorite breakfast on a cruise is actually quite boring to most. But for me, who works 6 days a week, and never eats breakfast before heading out to work, one day a week breakfast is a luxury that I look forward to.

However; on a cruise, there will be no eggs, no bacon, sausage or pancake etc.

Even when I go on vacation or a cruise, I cant eat a full breakfast, and my favorite way to start the day is with fruit (melon, citrus), and croissants or danish, and about once or twice I will indulge in a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon.

I love French toast...but I also like eggs, sausage, toast, jelly, fruit, ...anything I don't have to cook is good with me!

I don't eat much breakfast at home...usually yogurt, but on vacation, it's balls to the wall! If it's available, I'll eat it!

I have a few favorites. They're foods I don't typically eat at home, unless we happen to go out for breakfast or brunch which isn't often. Here they are:

Eggs Benedict

Pancakes or french toast or waffles with bacon

Danish, croissants, chocolate croissants

I also love the smoked salmon but typically don't get the bagel with it. I live in Brooklyn, NY and the bagels when I go on vacation just don't compare. I do eat smoked salmon at home but I also love it on a cruise, as well as some fresh fruit with breakfast which I do eat every day at home too.

I tend to love my onboard breakfasts, however after the cruise ends, a rigourous fitness programme is destined to be implemented!!!

On the left (tray)....a toasted bagle (bottom half) with layers consisting of 2 hash browns, then 2 bacon rashers, 2 sausages and finally 2 more hash browns plus top of bagle,.................................

Then on the right side (tray) a gorgeous pink grapefruit with a grape in the centre!!!:)