Directionally Challenged

maw311

Ok, so here goes it....I STINK at direction, basically I know where the sun rises and sets.

How do you get acclimated on a ship? The last cruise I was on, I spent so much time getting lost trying to find things/venues

Not wanting to be made fun of, but I really am challenged. Any advise. ??

Going on Brilliance next week.

Thank you so much.

Some ships have the different coloured carpets on port and starboard and may even have the directional hints in the pattern. My wife just studies the map and follows me.:D

Not sure if this still holds true, and I don't remember which line it was on, but if you looked at the fish on the floor (carpeting) in the hallways, they were all swimming toward the front of the ship. Wish so many refurbs these days, the days of something simple like that may be long gone.

Another take on this is "color keys" in the carpeting on some ships' cabin decks: red for port side cabins and green for starboard. Likewise, even numbers port and odd numbers starboard as well as low numbers bow and high numbers stern.

Often, there may be a house phone near elevator and/or stair landings. Usually, they'll be on the and side on every deck - just remember if it's port or starboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums