How far forward can you book a cruise

Jarronwood

I see from this Board that quite a few people book their next cruise whilst on board ship.

I note there are a few advantages to this but how far forward can you book? For instance, say I was on ship next week would I be able to book for the Med in 2007 even though nothing is showing on web sites for that far forward?

Just a thought.

Well Derek and Kimberley

I dont know actually why I would wait except by booking so far ahead you have the choice of cabin and there are advantages to booking on board and at least hubby and I will be able to save up. I would not like to cruise every year or even more times during a year. Apart from the fact I dont have that kind of money and by cruising say once every 2 years (last cruise was 3 years ago) it really makes it a very special holiday.

Having said that I have been looking for the Med again on Brilliance for 2007 or maybe 2008 although hubby fancies either the Panama Canal or Alaska.

Hubby and I go to Spain in the summer months for a few weeks for our usual holiday as to us from the UK it is very very cheap. Finances play a very big part in our choice of holiday but since next year is my 50th it has to be special.

People looking for one cabin, any cabin can book late and take advantage of last minute specials to fill up a cruise. lately, RCCL does not do that but... We have met many people who book close to sail date and do not care which cabin they get. We need 2 cabins, usually across from one another so we need to book far out as a year.

You may book a cruise the first day that it shows on the RCI web site. The LA's on board do not have information further than that on the web site. I have aksed twice, as I wanted differenct itineraries than were then available. So, I always book while on board for the credit, even if there is not currently a cruise I am interested in. For instance, I booked a Brilliance 11 day last April while on BOS, knowing I really wanted a new itinerary. I checked the web site daily in May to see if anything new popped up. Lo and behold, on the last Friday in May, the new 14 night rt to Hawaii from San Diego showed up! I transferred my BOS booking that day to this new cruise, and got the aft cabin I wanted. The balconies on that cruise sold out in about 6 weeks.

Some posters have reported being able to get a coupon from the Loyalty Ambassador that they can later apply to a cruise that hasn't been released yet and still get the onboard booking credit. We haven't tried that - we always book cruises we intend to take, although our plans have been known to change.

Another alternative is to book a similar itinerary and then transfer the booking number to the itinerary you want once it is published. The downside to that is that your deposit will be tied up, but at least you'd have your OBC to compensate for that.

We have a Princess trip booked for April 2007 that we did this past May or June. Since there are about 16 of us going and coming from all parts of the country we had to wade through a lot of dates before we could all get together at the same time. It just makes it all that special and before you know it, it will be here.

Jarronwood, good luck with your future booking and I'm pretty sure a lot of bookings are available for the med during that time period. Also check out RCCL site they probably have some listed for the time.

Debbie

Archived