I need a Trikes review

Banana15

Hey everyone!

We have reservations with Trikes Aruba for our cruise in May. I have heard a ton of reviews about it being really great, but I don't see anything about WHY. Trikes is going to cut into pretty much our whole day, so I really want some input as to what it is. I've looked at some YouTube videos, but they basically just show people driving around. I know they stop a few times, but what is it that you see during the drive that makes it worth it? How long do you stop each time and will it be long enough to actually walk around for a little bit or is it just long enough to grab a photo and go?

We did Trikes Aruba a number of years ago and loved it. As I recall, there were a couple of stops along the way and yes, there was time to park, get off the machines and walk about. In fact, I believe one of the stops was at a seaside cantina where we were able to sit and have a beverage. All that said, for me, the fun was the driving. I'm not a motorcyclist here at home so this is about as close as I'll come to being a "biker" :) . Once the trike experience was finished, we still had some beach time before we re-boarded the ship.

We did Trikes Aruba a number of years ago and loved it. As I recall, there were a couple of stops along the way and yes, there was time to park, get off the machines and walk about. In fact, I believe one of the stops was at a seaside cantina where we were able to sit and have a beverage. All that said, for me, the fun was the driving. I'm not a motorcyclist here at home so this is about as close as I'll come to being a "biker" :) . Once the trike experience was finished, we still had some beach time before we re-boarded the ship.

That's actually kind of what my concern is. We do have a bike at home, so it wouldn't be "different" for us. When I look at YouTube videos, and read most reviews, it just says "It's fun and we drove around"....but how is that fun? The videos look like it's all just random streets, not really seeing anything "special". -- I guess I am just wondering if it's worth killing almost the whole day in Aruba just for that.

We are just back from the celebrity eclipse 14 day carribean cruise. We did the trikes on Aruba, I have no motorcycle experience and requested an automatic. There were 6 stops at the church, lighthouse, beach the cantina and 2 others I can't remember. Plenty of time for pictures and only 2 to 3 hours so you have the other half of the day to do what you want.

You're spending about 2/3 of your time driving - along the beach, in the hills, through downtown and on highway. At each stop the guide explained the history.

I found them easy to drive, easy to handle and glad my wife took pictures. I attached my go pro to the front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We are just back from the celebrity eclipse 14 day carribean cruise. We did the trikes on Aruba, I have no motorcycle experience and requested an automatic. There were 6 stops at the church, lighthouse, beach the cantina and 2 others I can't remember. Plenty of time for pictures and only 2 to 3 hours so you have the other half of the day to do what you want.

You're spending about 2/3 of your time driving - along the beach, in the hills, through downtown and on highway. At each stop the guide explained the history.

I found them easy to drive, easy to handle and glad my wife took pictures. I attached my go pro to the front.

We are actually in Aruba from 11 am to midnight. The excursion is from 2-5 (or 1:30 to 5:30 for drop off/pick up) That means we really won't get much "DAY" hours. I also made reservations at Passions on the Beach for that evening and I'm going to have to run back to the ship to change and head to the restaurant. I'm just wondering if missing out on the beach in Aruba, for Trikes, is worth it. Had it been a little earlier in the day, it would have been nice.

We are actually in Aruba from 11 am to midnight. The excursion is from 2-5 (or 1:30 to 5:30 for drop off/pick up) That means we really won't get much "DAY" hours. I also made reservations at Passions on the Beach for that evening and I'm going to have to run back to the ship to change and head to the restaurant. I'm just wondering if missing out on the beach in Aruba, for Trikes, is worth it. Had it been a little earlier in the day, it would have been nice.
Tough decision...we had lots of beaches at our other stops.

Tough decision...we had lots of beaches at our other stops.

We are actually spending our days in Grand Cayman, Bonaire, and Curacao, at beaches (or snorkeling)...so I don't want to overload myself with ocean. But I just don't want to waste a day in Aruba because.,,well, it's ARUBA. Haha!

I too would check out www.tripadvisor.com

Keith

I did try to read some TripAdvisor reviews, but they are somewhat generic. Just saying that it's fun. I guess I'm more trying to figure out if it's fun for people who have never ridden a motorcycle, since it's kind of like doing something totally new. Or if it's because you just get to enjoy Aruba in a different way. Since this is our first time there, I just worry we won't see much being on Trikes all day.

I did try to read some TripAdvisor reviews, but they are somewhat generic. Just saying that it's fun. I guess I'm more trying to figure out if it's fun for people who have never ridden a motorcycle, since it's kind of like doing something totally new. Or if it's because you just get to enjoy Aruba in a different way. Since this is our first time there, I just worry we won't see much being on Trikes all day.

If your ride why not do a tour or just rent a bike from the Harley dealer on Aruba. They will pick you up near the pier and bring you back after your tour or rental.

If your ride why not do a tour or just rent a bike from the Harley dealer on Aruba. They will pick you up near the pier and bring you back after your tour or rental.

We don't ride Harley...we're sport bike people. LOL!

But in all honesty, I just don't want to ride in a place we don't know...especially knowing we have to be back on the boat at a certain time and could potentially get lost. I thought of just renting a Jeep, but again, that's just too much risk and might be more of a headache than anything. I really was enjoying the idea of Trikes, since it would be a good way to see Aruba, but I just don't know how much of Aruba you actually see. --- The truth is, Aruba is not a place to go for 8 hours. It's a place you need days to see, so I am really trying to see more than I am going to be able to and I need to be more realistic about it.

Hey everyone!

We have reservations with Trikes Aruba for our cruise in May. I have heard a ton of reviews about it being really great, but I don't see anything about WHY. Trikes is going to cut into pretty much our whole day, so I really want some input as to what it is. I've looked at some YouTube videos, but they basically just show people driving around. I know they stop a few times, but what is it that you see during the drive that makes it worth it? How long do you stop each time and will it be long enough to actually walk around for a little bit or is it just long enough to grab a photo and go?

We have been to Aruba a few times and there are not that many places to see. The trikes were one of our favorite excursions because we went to most of the main tourist sites - the Casibari Rocks, the Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, along Eagle and Palm Beach, to a little cafe, etc. It was a great day because you see most of the sights, a lot of the island and it is different than other excursions. Aruba is mostly about the beaches so it is a fun alternative, especially after a lot of beach days and water excursions. My husband used to race moto-cross and our friend rode Harley's and both had a blast.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We have been to Aruba a few times and there are not that many places to see. The trikes were one of our favorite excursions because we went to most of the main tourist sites - the Casibari Rocks, the Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, along Eagle and Palm Beach, to a little cafe, etc. It was a great day because you see most of the sights, a lot of the island and it is different than other excursions. Aruba is mostly about the beaches so it is a fun alternative, especially after a lot of beach days and water excursions. My husband used to race moto-cross and our friend rode Harley's and both had a blast.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much!!! That's basically what I was wanting to know. I really wanted an idea of how much of Aruba we'd get to see. Since you said we will see most of the tourist sites, that rally helps. Not that I only want to go to touristy places, but I was scared it was just going to be riding down rural areas with nothing happening. Haha.