Things to do in Long Beach post cruise?

HawksFan74

We will be getting off Splendor on 3/3 and have a 3:30 flight out of LGB airport. I'm looking for ideas as to what we could do for a few hours before heading to the airport. I know I've seen the aquarium suggested on here numerous times, but my wife isn't crazy about spending $78 for the 3 of us to visit the aquarium for a few hours. It will be me, my wife and our 6 year old daughter, and we will have all of our luggage and no car.

Hello. We are leaving on a cruise out of Long Beach in May and I have been exploring the area online to find some things to do as well while we are there. One thing I have found is the Long Beach Water Taxi. I'm not sure if its a year round service, or when it operates. You may want to try to find a schedule. However, the water taxi is only $1 per leg of each trip. I think it has about 4 or 5 different stops, so round trip would be about $5/person, but you don't necessarily have to go all the way around. In your situation, you could get off the cruise ship, and board the water taxi right there at the Queen Mary. You could then take it over to the Pike Outlets or Shoreline Village. They have shopping and dining right there on the waterfront. There is also a Ferris Wheel and a Carousel in that area. Also right there is a bike rental place with all different types of "wheels" to rent. I'm with you in the fact that it seems a little pricey to go to the aquarium. We will probably just walk around the Pike Outlets and Shoreline Village, because its free to look around and we can decide what to buy or do as we see it. The water taxi seems like it would be fun for our boys who are 4 and 6 and pretty inexpensive. I know there is a free bus called Passport that drives around the area too, but I am not exactly sure where it goes and what else there is to do within its route. There is also a grassy park area with a lighthouse that might be fun to explore too.

The free Passport busstop is in the QM parking lot, under the trees. Can’t miss it. It stops at/near the Pike, Shoreline Village etc. Only do the bus if you each have one piece of luggage and a tote.

There are coupons for the Aquarium, including AAA rates. It’s a great Aquarium. Lots of touch pools.

The boat is fun but nothing I’d want to schlep luggage into.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are coupons for the Aquarium, including AAA rates. It’s a great Aquarium. Lots of touch pools.

SadieN, Are these specific coupons for the Aquarium that you are referring to? Where would I find them? Our family of 10 will be pretty expensive for admission for a couple of hours unless we find a discount.

IF you put------ Long Beach Aquarium discounts------- into Google there are a page of the possibilities. They may /may not cover your dates

You can buy tix at an AAA office for a discount

Groupon has discounts

Goldstar has discounts

I don't know if Travelzoo has discounts?

All of these are free web sites where you just sign up with your e mail.

As an AAA member, I have gone to AAA offices is other states and countries and have been able to get free maps and purchase other items.

Call the Aquarium and see if you have to buy at an AAA office or simply present your card.

Check about group rates, no idea if they start at 10people or if you need more.

As an AAA member, I have gone to AAA offices is other states and countries and have been able to get free maps and purchase other items.

Call the Aquarium and see if you have to buy at an AAA office or simply present your card.

Check about group rates, no idea if they start at 10people or if you need more.

The Aquarium website indicates that there is 25% off tickets if directly purchased at a So Cal AAA office; otherwise 10% off at the Aquarium or on the AAA website. Other online discounts that I have found apply after 3pm which is the time of our outward flight.

IF you put------ Long Beach Aquarium discounts------- into Google there are a page of the possibilities.

Thank you for the tip. After doing a little research, I found a couple of coupons that could definitely help us out. One is for a free child admission with the purchase of a full-priced adult admission, and the other is for $11 off an adult admission. This should bring the total for the 3 of us to $49, down from $78. I will post links below for anyone who is interested.

Is there anyone who has been to the aquarium recently, that can confirm they will hold our luggage? I couldn't find any information about it on their FAQ page. The only thing it mentioned is that they don't have lockers.

Free child admission

$11 off adult admission

Thank you for the tip. After doing a little research, I found a couple of coupons that could definitely help us out. One is for a free child admission with the purchase of a full-priced adult admission, and the other is for $11 off an adult admission. This should bring the total for the 3 of us to $49, down from $78. I will post links below for anyone who is interested.

Is there anyone who has been to the aquarium recently, that can confirm they will hold our luggage? I couldn't find any information about it on their FAQ page. The only thing it mentioned is that they don't have lockers.

Free child admission

$11 off adult admission

Thanks for the links to the discounts. I recently emailed the Aquarium regarding holding luggage and they replied to say they will hold it at their info desk while you visit the Aquarium.