How does the IConcierge Ap work?

trish4bruce

I have downloaded the App onto my phone and I understand that if I want to use it for texting others on the ship I will have to pay $9.95 once I board as will they. Here is my question. I am from Canada and will do not want to use my data as it will be very expensive. Will there be wifi available on the ship to allow me to download this app with the pay features? Also I normally put my phone on airplane mode. Will the texts through iConcierge still work? Thanks for any advice.

Download the app now. Once your on board and connected to ship Wi-Fi you’ll set it up and you’ll be set. Phone should be in airplane mode that way you don’t get charged for any unnecessary data use. You’ll be able to call and text others on the ship with the app as long as they have the app too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The iConcierge App has both free features and the optional "paid" features for calling & texting (of which a one-time $9.95 fee per device fee is charged) - you activated your iOS or Android devices for free, creating your own log-in & password (easy DIY prompts will pop-up to guide you, take 2 minutes or less to do.)

The app connects to ship's free WiFi inTRAnet, where no "paid" data metered by the minutes or MB are counted against, same is true for using the calling or texting other registered/activated devices on the ship, with no further per use charge. WiFi inTERnet is used for accessing & using email, looking up news & weather, accessing airline booking sites directly via apps, etc. and those data usage are "measured" and deducted.

DW and I registered our devices for the iConcierge App with our own log-in, shared on her iPad, my Android account info used also on the iPhone and a different tablet - all free and didn't cost a dime ... since we didn't use it to call or text.

A newer free App "Cruise Norwegian" is supposed to replace the old app soon :rolleyes: - currently only used on the Sky, being "tested" is the operative phrase.