Proposal ideas needed please

angelmomma530

My nephew and his girlfriend are coming with us on a Milestone Birthday cruise in August on Carnival Freedom my Mom will be 70, my daughter 10 and my niece 21. He is planning on proposing to his girlfriend while on board. Looking for some ideas of how/where he could do this. TY in advance.

How about he orders a cake for desert and has the wait staff sing happy engagement to you. My future Son IL proposed to my DD under the Verranzano bridge on the Breakaway last year. Just the two of them..

PS then we booked it. Now we don't have to pay for their cruise's anymore.

Edited by e150club
PS

There are a few ways, but not sure whether they want it private or have you all there so here are some suggestions and by the way CONGRATS!

If he wants everybody present:

1- Dine at the Steakhouse and he can propose there

2- Ask the band if they can have you come up on stage with your girlfriend and you propose there

3- See if you can rent one of the small rooms for a private party and he can surprise her then and you can have cocktails and hors d'oeuvres there and have a little celebration both for her birthday and the engagement

4- Speak to the cruise director and one night he call you both up on stage and then you propose to her

If he wants privately:

1- He can have the room decorated flowers, champagne and glasses (purchase onboard but make sure he doesn't put in his shipboard account she could see it before it happens) and come back to the room after dinner and propose then

Here is an idea I read on this forum a while back another person who also was looking for ideas.... How about asking her during the CD's morning show. He could give the CD a heads up.... The CD would call him on stage for like a contest,etc and he could take it from there... It would be on film as a keepsake too. Just need to plan going to that show....which shouldn't be a giveaway if he tells her he'd like to see it, etc

Depends on how public or private they are. My DH proposed to me on our balcony while sailing the NCL Epic. That was perfect for me/us because we're pretty private people and I hate being the center of attention. I would have been almost embarrassed to have been proposed to in front of a bunch of strangers. But that's just me and thankfully my now-DH knew that (plus, he was nervous and would not have wanted to ask in front of randoms anyway). :)

If they don't mind onlookers, or if he'd like your entire group to be present for it, then some of the other ideas that others have suggested would work wonderfully, too. Wherever he proposes, they'll have fantastic memories of that ship.

Last week I took my gf to the serenity deck on the breeze late at night and got on one knee.

She said yes.

I was going to make a production of it but the private option was more her style.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last week I took my gf to the serenity deck on the breeze late at night and got on one knee.

She said yes.

I was going to make a production of it but the private option was more her style.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Congratulations, Best wishes.

My then boyfriend (now husband) proposed to me on a sunset catamaran excursion we went on with our friends while on a cruise to Bermuda. Funniest part, I planned the entire trip for the group, right down to the excursions. They all thought is was a riot that I was unknowingly planning my own engagement cruise.

How about he orders a cake for desert and has the wait staff sing happy engagement to you. My future Son IL proposed to my DD under the Verranzano bridge on the Breakaway last year. Just the two of them..

PS then we booked it. Now we don't have to pay for their cruise's anymore.

My husband proposed 21 years ago on the Fantasy by having the waiters bring me a cake and sing happy engagement. He did on the night of the Captain's Dinner as they used to call them

How about Chef's table? I am sure the head chef would work with you to create a special moment.

Also, depending on your ports of call, you could do it ashore. My DH almost proposed on top of the pyramid at Altun Ha...but was worried it was too soon and that the rest of the cruise would be ruined if I said no! Instead, I got the giant tank at the GA Aquarium, which for us was equally as wonderful.

Play to her idea of romantic!

• 2 weeks later...