Food: Love Hate Like Meh......

Alright ladies and germs, post your love & hates of Carnival's food. Any food you find on the ship, post it here for others to see.

Guy's burgers: Love

Those breakfast burritos: Love

Goat cheese pizza: Like

Pepperoni pizza: Meh

Salmon & cream cheese bagel: Love

Chocolate melting cake: Meh (too much chocolate for me)

The half-eaten 3 week old PB&J found under the stateroom bed: Hate (bread was stale)

love:

Lobster, Escargot, strawberry bisque, popovers, eggs Benedict, tacos, pop overs, ox tongue, kale/tenderloin

Like:

Indian, steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, guys burgers, white pizza, other cold soups

meh:

prime rib, chicken and steak dishes, most desserts, frog legs

hate:

nachos, burritos, lines for pizza, room service charges!!!!!!

Love: Deli sandwiches, salmon, blue iguana tacos, chocolate melting cake, cold soups, anything at the steakhouse.

Like: Guys burgers, flat iron steaks, scoops of ice cream, anything shrimp or lobster.

Meh: pizza

Hate: soggy room service fries, any “cake” desert. All the dining rooms poor attempts at Asian foods (like sweet and sour chicken/shrimp).

Love warm chocolate melting cake with butter pecan ice cream, guys burgers, the sauce they serve with the filet, the machine ice cream

Like mashed potatoes always with extra of the sauce they serve with the filet. What ever is that sauce? OMG I would drink that stuff.

I was hoping for a food thread...lol....I haven't sailed on Carnival in like 12 years so its been a while but I do recall that melting cake and am looking forward to it this March...I am hopeful desserts are better then our cruise last year on RCI....I was not impressed with RCI desserts and have heard Carnivals are better ???????

I did not like the frog legs. Too small & too much garlic.

I love warm chocolate melting cake, creme brulee, soft serve ice cream, guys burgers, blue iguana tacos, lobster.

I like pizza, fruit at breakfast.

Meh - I'll have to get back to you after our May cruise.

Love:

Bitter and Blanc, that salami meat on the buffet by the salad bar (what is it, cervelat?), gazpacho, shrimp cocktail, wcmc, Red Frog Carribean Colada, that they have half and half and not powdered creamer, the fresh naan with the yogurt dip, that they have horseradish, blue iguana

Meh:

Pizza, salad bar side salads, coffee in buffet, bread options, burgers

Hate:

The ice cream (don’t hate me), the ice tea in the machines, French fries, that they don’t have snacks late afternoon or late night, those didja apps - not my style, over cooked beef

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love,

the indian food in mdr and (tandoor, on too few ships imo)

the chocolate muffins and cinnamon pastries on the continental breakfast buffet

the fruit plate for dessert in the mdr

smoked salmon (sea day brunch) or the former deli menu, dont see it on the new menu

huevos rancheros (sea day brunch), and salted caramel cheese cake, sea day brunch

mdr tiramisu and smores parfait.

many many more things, could go on and on.

meh

prime rib, used to enjoy it, but last few times it was more fat than meat

curried shrimp mdr, shrimp are tiny, and cannot taste the curry

fish and chips mdr, I should have known better than to order this, it was thick soggy batter, and a sliver

of fish, and not very good at all, but the curly fries and onion rings were crispy and hot, go figure!

lobster tail, hit or miss with this, usually a miss, but I am a lobster "snob" lol.

really not much more than these.

OOPs,,,forgot...I love chocolate, but do not like the warm chocolate melting cake, does not matter how cooked it is.

I do like Carnival's food, about 95pc of what I have had, I have liked, or liked a lot:D

Edited by SMSACE6
forgot

Likes: Blue Iguana grilled shrimp (I just get it on a plate and use it on a lettuce salad!), Guys burgers/fries, the pasta place (upstairs above lido on dream...can't remember name that is free at lunch but charges in the evening), the warm chocolate melting cake

Dislikes: Pizza (almost always burned, long lines and pretty tasteless), potato salad served 3,403 ways but all taste the same, macaroni salad served 5,976 ways but all taste the same

love: lobster, steak and eggs, filet mignon, crème brulee, grand marnier soufflet, pizza, pasta menu items as appetizer, alchemy martinis, room service pb&j and potato chips when buzzed, omelettes, eggs benedict, huevos rancheros

meh: adventurous menu items, soft serve, taste bar fare, iced tea and lemonade, Mongolian place, pasta place at lunch

hate: no coffee creamer, guys (makes me sick), dry pies and cakes, size of the fruit and veggie appetizers at MDR

these are things I love-

tea-scones with clotted cream

at breakfast-French toast and sausage

lunch-anything but guys burgers or the new taco place (sorry, too much salt!)

dinner-by then I am starved so warm chocolate melting cake, grand marnier soufflé, any of the cherry desserts

salmon with lots of lemon (don't want to get scurvy)

any of the indian dishes

likes-pizza, sitting outside watching the waves go by

ice cream

fruit punch no alcohol

most of the appetizers

hate-frog legs-I think of Kermit on crutches

over cooked meat

I have never gone hungry when I cruise, I always come back weighing more than I left, and I did learn to stop thinking the plate had to be full when on the lido deck.:o

LOVE: Getting onboard a 7-day cruise knowing I have 21+ meals ahead of me.

LOVE: The Chipolte sauce with fries at Guys

LIKE: Having a 2nd dessert after dinner in the dining room at the buffet

MEH: Chocolate Melting cake, as it's too runny and chocolatey

CeleBrat

Love: Guy's Burgers, stuffed mushrooms and the hot soups.

Like: Blue Iquana, chocolate cookies from the deli.

Meh: Guy's BBQ, pizza and the gross coffee on lido. And most of the desserts look way better than they taste. They have no flavor or sweetness.

I was highly disappointed in the taste (often looked beautiful) of most desserts on my last cruise which was with RCI...however, I had heard that Carnival has better tasting desserts then RCI but from the mood on this board I might be disappointed in March....I am a sugar fanatic and since I am dieting up to my cruise and will not have had any sugar since 2017 I was hopeful for some yummy desserts but I won't hold my breathe apparently lol...then again after 3 months without sugar I bet they will taste good enough lol

LOVE: Indian Vegetarian Dinner, Vegetarian Spring Rolls, Mushroom Cream Soup, Reuben w/ Potato Salad

LIKE: Steakhouse steaks, Pizza, Brunch Steak & Eggs, Tandoor offerings

MEH: Mehs are not worth meh-ntioning.

HATE: Most desserts (only because I just don't have a sweet tooth), Omelets (I detest eggs being cooked at such a high temp and for that degree of doneness)

I was highly disappointed in the taste (often looked beautiful) of most desserts on my last cruise which was with RCI...however, I had heard that Carnival has better tasting desserts then RCI but from the mood on this board I might be disappointed in March....I am a sugar fanatic and since I am dieting up to my cruise and will not have had any sugar since 2017 I was hopeful for some yummy desserts but I won't hold my breathe apparently lol...then again after 3 months without sugar I bet they will taste good enough lol

The newish menus do not have as many good choices for dessert as there used to be. However I think the ones that are my taste are really good still! The buffet desserts however usually look really good but do not taste as good as I think they will.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app