Thoughts on Sensation for experienced cruisers and 1 new cruiser?

aimcat

So my husband, myself and a friend of ours who has never cruised before are considering a late Feb sailing on Carnival Sensation and just wondering thoughts on this ship? My first cruise was a fantasy class ship but just curious if the ship is holding up, clean, and just most of all fun for a 4 night quick getaway? We have just a few days to break away and this one fits in our schedule.

My group of 4 were just on the Sensation for the January 2 sailing. It had been a few years since we sailed on a Fantasy class ship, but we found it perfect for a 4-day sailing. The ship is clean and there are many upgrades throughout. It was kind of nice being back on a smaller class of ship because it felt more like a home in that it didn't take forever to get from point A to B. We were in cabin U15 (and our friends were in U3) on the front of the ship and when we needed to run back to our cabins from the back of the ship (or head to dinner in the rear dining room each night) it didn't feel like a journey.

The public decks areas were pretty crowded on sea days, but that's the norm on the smaller ships. You do need to get to the showroom and the comedy club early in order to get a decent seat but we've found that's the case on all Carnival ships.

The staff was great throughout the ship and sailing out of Miami is always a bonus.

Hi Aimcat. We were also on the January 2 sailing and in spite of rocky seas and less than perfect weather we had a great time. An affordable cruise that fits your limited schedule is always the right cruise in my book!

The ship is a product of its time - they don't use these gaudy color schemes much any more. However, it's kept in decent and clean condition and if you liked the other Fantasy class ships you sailed, and the usual Carnival fun antics, then by all means go for it. Bon voyage!