Prepaid Visa

hunter68

I was wondering if anybody knew the answer to this Question. I received a prepaid Visa from work and it has enough on it to pay for a cruise. I know you can’t use them on board but I wanted to know if I could pay for the initial cruise with it

There should nto be any issue using it to pay prior to boarding, it is the same as cash. BTW, you can't set up your on board account with it, but you can use one to pay your account off at the end of the week.

I just had this issue for a client going on princess. We tried many times for him to make his payment with prepaid cards and it never worked. They ended up having to put their payment on a regular bank account. I believe some cruise lines may not take it because they don’t have any recourse like a regular bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There should nto be any issue using it to pay prior to boarding, it is the same as cash. BTW, you can't set up your on board account with it, but you can use one to pay your account off at the end of the week.

That is incorrect saying that it cannot be used for onboard account. I have used my pre-paid Amex multiple times. They are however just like bank account debit cards so many people will say not to use a debit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

anymore personal experience with using a prepaid visa for your onboard expenses?

I have noticed on several of the T and C's that you cannot use a prepaid visa for onboard expenses aboard cruise ships. I have been successful in using prior to boarding by using to pay gratuities, spa appointments etc.