Disembarkation Southampton on a TA voyage

visibilityunlimited

We will be on the Silhouette TA which is scheduled to arrive in Southampton April 28 at 5:00 am local time. My wife and I are planning to fly from Southampton to Scotland for a 2-week visit.

I read on the Roll Call for our voyage that one passenger experienced UK Immigration coming aboard the ship and cleared all passenger before arriving in Southampton. Another post on the Roll Call said the disembarkation had long lines of passenger as late as 10:00 am. We're in a bit of a quandry regarding the disembarkation procedure at Southampton. We want to disembark as soon as possible (not 5:00 am, but perhaps 6:30 am) so we can travel to the Southampton airport and arrive in time for an 8:40 am flight to Edinburgh.

I would appreciate anyone's experience on a TA arriving is Southampton with an early-morning arrival. Can one disembark early (6:30 am) or will disembarkation occur at 8:00 am or there about?

UK immigration can be as bad and as lonh wait as US immigration, not for checking individuals but because of the lack of immigrations officers.

All I can say is good luck and hope you have a very high stress level.

If no other flights were available on that day, I personally would either take a ship's transfer to London (airport) if on offer or take the train and overnight in York. York is a great place to stay and lots to see and do, then travel on the next day.

Edited by G.M.T.

UK immigration had two join us before leaving France to do paperwork. Still stood in line for almost two hours. Ran into them in in wine cellar late that evening and the were still chasing down a few after 12 hours on paperwork. At least we were able get right off in Southampton.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can’t predict what will happen on your cruise, however, we have done that very trip twice recently and both times UK immigration officers came aboard the ship before we arrived and processed everyone.

It is highly likely to happen on your cruise, but i would have a backup plan in case something different happens!

On our TA to Southampton last year immigration joined us in Lisbon. We were given times to see them and only waited about 15 minutes.

Everything smoothly and when we left the Ship our bags were ready and waiting. We didn’t opt for an early exit so they had plenty of time!

I’m sure if you kept your bags with you you could get off a lot earlier than we did [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums