Valentine's Day Arrangements?

VoyageVirgin

Does anyone know if NCL does anything special on Valentine's Day in any of the restaurants, lounges, etc.? Specifically I am interested in the Sun's festivities. MLW and I are sailing back to back on the Feb 11th and Feb 18th cruises and I need to make sure our 25th special day of romance together is one to remember. :)

Does anyone know if there is a Florist's Shop on-board or do I need to make other arrangements such as wellwishers.com etc.? I see several anniversary, honeymoon and romance packages available from NCL which sound pretty good, but none seem to list flowers as part of the items included. It looks like we will be in Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala on the 14th and have booked the Quirigua Archaeological shore excursion for that day. Nothing against the ancient Mayans, but I don't think that this is meant to be the most romantic of adventures! Does anyone know this port and have any suggestions?

I see a lot of people posting their cruise photos online and there are a lot of fantastic shots of the Sun and it's interior. Does anyone happen to have any of the AD Penthouses they are willing to share. NCL doesn't have any available on their website that I have been able to locate. The floor plans are there but no photos. Any shots would be appreciated, but don't forget to Photoshop out anything you don't want to share!:D

We were on the Dream last Valentines day, and the room stuart brought each room a rose, and chocolate covered strawberries. I don't remember anything different in the restaurants, but it was an optional formal night. All of the ships that I have been on have had a small floral shop on board, so you shouldn't have a problem there.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the list of flowers from the NCL site, unfortunately there aren't any photos. In the booklet that was sent with my tickets last week they did have pictures of the flowers...

I've never seen any flowers available once on the ship.

Bon Voyage & Special Occasion Gifts

Flowers:

* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Flowers service is available only on cruises departing from Miami, San Juan, Boston, New York, Seattle, Vancouver, and Honolulu.

HARMONY

Item #800 - $20 - $35

TROPICAL DELIGHT

Item #801 - $35 - $45

SPRINGTIME

Item #802 - $20 - $35

CLASSIC DOZEN ROSES

Item #803 - $50 - $65

Hawaii Flowers:

* Pricing is subject to change without notice

These flowers and prices are only available on the Hawaii Sailings out of Honolulu.

HARMONY

Item # 810 - $35.00

TROPICAL DELIGHT

Item # 811 - $42.00

SPRINGTIME

Item # 812 - $30.00

CLASSIC DOZEN ROSES

Item # 813 - $60.00

Thanks Margaret for the information. I was hoping for a Valentine's Day delivery rather than on embarkation (Feb 11th) but maybe the ship has the facilities to hold the flowers for three days. If not, a few days early wouldn't be the end of the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived