Regal mini-suite: connecting balcony or connecting room?

Cruisers from MA

I’m hoping (once again!) I will find some elusive information by asking the experts…

We’re considering reserving C415 on Regal; this is one of the minis with the extended angle balcony (there are just a few remaining cabins with the larger balconies presently available for the sailing we’re thinking about). However it looks like there’s a connection between this cabin and its neighbor.

The description says “EXTENDED ANGLED BALCCONNECTS WITH C409”. Despite a search of the Princess board, I’m not sure whether this cryptic descriptor means that the balconies of C415 and C409 connect, or that the cabin interiors connect.

There are postings with descriptions of an interior connector door that replaces the full-length mirror in some “connecting cabins”. I’ve also read a couple of posts that seem to suggest the “connection” between mini-suites on Royal-class ships with the extended angle balcony is only via balcony doors the steward can open and close.

I’ve read some helpful posts around whether or not a connecting interior door (as in connecting hotel rooms) is a noise problem or not, or whether a tightly-rolled towel blocks much of the noise; thanks all.

Can anyone help with a specific recollection of how C409/C415 connect?

Other, similar cabin pairings (Regal mini-suites with extended angle balconies)are: A409/A415, A410/A414, B409/B415, C410/C414, C422/C426.

It will actually have a door in the cabin that connects with the indicated cabin. If you have a picture of the deck plans (such as in the atlas), you'll see a red triangle between the two cabins which designates that the cabins connect.

Just tick the 'connecting cabins' box on the online deck plans and see if the two cabins are highlighted. If yes they have a connecting door, if not then just the balcony dividers can be open. My guess (as I'm not at liberty to look at the deck plans at the moment) is that they are true connecting cabins as Princess usually does not use the term 'connecting' in reference to just the balcony dividers opening.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, the interiors can connect, if you want them to. There's a door. The furniture can be set up a little differently because of it.

I have a similar cabin booked on a different ship and plan on opening both the balcony and the the interior door if it's not too obtrusive. I've been told that sometimes these cabins can get a little extra noise from your neighbor but I've never stayed in one before, so I don't know yet.

We had connecting extended balcony mini C426 on Regal recently. There was a bit of noise from our neighbours. I could hear coughing in morning and late at night. I think they may have had colds. I noticed tv bit loud, but it lasted short time, And then was quiet. Not sure if they adjusted sound or were sleeping.

I did read later here some people used a towel to help with sounds. I never thought of this. All in all it was great room.