Question about staying overnight off ship.......

renroc13

Quick Question:

Does anyone know if we have to make arrangements before; or, can we just let the cruise people know once we are on-board if we decide to stay off ship overnight. We did this twice in Viet Nam and once in Thailand on previous cruises and I forgot the procedure. Many of us did that is those ports as the driving time was so long to get anywhere it made touring the area much easier.

I am now thinking of taking the ferry from Papeete to Moorea and spending the night in Moorea. We have spent a week in both places before and I thought an overnight on an over-water room would be wonderful to do again. It was the highlight of our stay last trip.

I will check with The Captains Club as well but I think we just need to let them know once onboard. Anyone know??

Thank You,

Karen

If the ship is staying overnight in the port no problem. It sounds like the ship will dock in Papeete then move to Moorea, in that case I think you will need to get a Pre Downline Request approved. That allows you to leave the ship in one port and reboard in another. We are doing the same thing in India next month.

To do this contact RCCLs emergency service at 305-982-2700. They handle these requests, there is a $65 charge. We had our approval in less than 20 minutes.

Enjoy Moorea, it is still the most beautiful place we have seen & we have been a lot of beautiful places.

Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for. We have spent a week in both Papeete and Moorea our last trip before cruising for seven days on The Paul Gauguin. Last trip we took the ferry over to Moorea and as I was planning this trip I thought why not take the ferry over and spend the night in an overwater room. We did that last trip and it was wonderful.

Enjoy India.

Karen

This is one of those new Celebrity nickel and dime issues which has led us away from the cruise line. Other cruise lines do not charge any fees for those asking to spend a night off the ship....and why should they have a fee. In fact, when you are not on the ship the cruise line saves money because they do not have to feed you :). We recently requested a night off the ship in Japan...for an upcoming Princess cruise. Our cruise agent submitted the written request and we had written approval in about a week. No charge, no hassle.

The way things are going with Celebrity we would expect this line to soon charge a fee to use the tenders and elevators.

Hank