When you find a great deal on a cruise but the airfare kills it!

lbjen

Taxes are completely dependent on your origin, destination, and possibly connection point. Some places have very low taxes/fees, some have very high.

Of course, but with the exception of flying to China, I have found that taxes run about 50% of the cost of the airline ticket for "international flights leaving the USA, and connecting in the USA or Europe" Europe has very high taxes for just about everything

Air 2 Sea MAY save you money. It may not. It completely depends on where you're flying. For example, in the vast majority of cases, using cruise ship air to fly domestically in the US will do little more than add a middle man between you and the airline.

Yes, but we are talking about International flights, so I did not add the disclaimer.

But it's still the case that cruising and flying are two incredibly different economic models that are, unfairly, compared on this website way too often.

Air2Sea for many people have saved money. My next flight, I saved $980.00 for two people. ($490.00 per person). My Asian flights saved $1,100.00 for two. My 3 previous flights, each had a savings. Sometimes, you need to check all the airports you are willing to drive to. For example, I will drive up to 5 hours to either MIA or ATL for a flight, if it means saving money. I have not yet not saved money on an international flight using Air2Sea.

I have never considered using Air2Sea previously, but the current threads on the topic resulted in my researching flights in connection with international travel for an upcoming cruise. I really appreciate everyone's insights.

Two questions that I have after looking at the site link above:

The site mentions a $25 non-refundable service fee per guest for international flights. Is this already included in the prices when I look at the flight options on Air2Sea?

I see options for both non-refundable and refundable fares for Premium Economy. The price for the refundable option is not much more than the non-refundable option, which is surprising to me. Are there any caveats with booking the refundable option, outside of the $175 service fee that would be netted against the refunded portion if I cancelled the flight?

I have never considered using Air2Sea previously, but the current threads on the topic resulted in my researching flights in connection with international travel for an upcoming cruise. I really appreciate everyone's insights.

Two questions that I have after looking at the site link above:

The site mentions a $25 non-refundable service fee per guest for international flights. Is this already included in the prices when I look at the flight options on Air2Sea?

I see options for both non-refundable and refundable fares for Premium Economy. The price for the refundable option is not much more than the non-refundable option, which is surprising to me. Are there any caveats with booking the refundable option, outside of the $175 service fee that would be netted against the refunded portion if I cancelled the flight?

Yes, the prices include the service fee. No caveats with the refundable fare that I've heard of.