Difference between salon services.

I have no experience with ship salon services, but from the description I would think the first is an up-do only (you have already washed and dried your hair). Shampoo and style dry I suspect is just that, so curling or blow straight - but no up-do.

Hopefully others with experience can confirm or explain further. Enjoy your formal night!

I have used salon services on a formal night on a Celebrity ship (don’t remember which one, and it was many years ago), and the one thing I will say is that the salon is very busy the afternoon of formal nights, which is to be expected. So I felt that my updo was very rushed, but I understood that they were booked with many women wanting the same service. I was happy with the results, but I just wanted to help set your expectations. Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with the previous poster...I too had an updo on formal night and totally felt it was rushed and not well done...frankly nothing I couldn't' have done myself...while I do like to get a message on cruises I have never returned for hair or makeup.

Darn. I have a head full of frizzy curly unmanageable hair that I would like someone else to worry about styling for formal night... just once. I spend about 2 hours on it if I want it good for formal pictures because I usually straighten it then try to curl it cute with the curling iron. But my hair is so dang frizzy and unmanageable. [emoji30] And don’t even get me started on makeup. I’m just too lazy to fuss with it On vacation while everyone is having fun. Hair gel has become my friend but it looks bad in pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums