Embassy Suites Convention Center to the Port of Tampa question

azgkrudi

Does anyone know if this is walkable, with luggage? We are renting a car prior to our NCL cruise and the nearest dropoff is the Embassy Suites. We are not staying at that hotel, so not sure if they would allow us to use their shuttle. It looks like it's less than a mile away which is doable for us, but we don't know the "lay of the land" - is it pedestrian-friendly? Some places aren't!

It is walkable depending upon how many bags you are dragging, but I think the car rental agency there (either Avis or Hertz?) will shuttle you. If not I would ask about the hotel shuttle or just grab a taxi/Uber (tip well for the short trip! ;) )

It is walkable depending upon how many bags you are dragging, but I think the car rental agency there (either Avis or Hertz?) will shuttle you. If not I would ask about the hotel shuttle or just grab a taxi/Uber (tip well for the short trip! ;) )

Great! Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Google earth can show you the way ... use street view and you can "walk it"

you could ride the street car .. it stops in front of Emb' S' and the cruise terminals ....

and better yet, the E'S' and the port terminals are all 'in the zone' for the downtown free ride program .... that's right FREE ...

https://www.tampasdowntown.com/getting-around/free-ride-service/

service-area.png

If you walk, you will be fine as far as traffic. There is a riverfront walkway that should take you right there for the most part. Maybe a couple of blocks without it. After that the sidewalks are wide and there is little to no activity around there during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I'm the OP - Just an update on what we ended up doing, in case anyone else is in the "same boat"...we dropped off our rental car (Avis) at the Embassy Suites, were NOT staying at the hotel but they allowed us to use their shuttle to the port of Tampa. So we didn't have to walk to the port and schlep our luggage. The shuttle runs about every 1/2 hour. The Port of Tampa itself (Terminal 2) was an embarkation disaster for the NCL Dawn, but that's a whole 'nother story. Let's just say, we'll never sail in or out of Tampa again.