Total Bait and Switch on Viking Sea Seville Apr 13

shack

Well, I received a reply from TellUs@Viking.com. They did not answer my question but referred my to my travel agent. This seems to be a change in their policy. I have written back asking if we are to no longer use TellUs for communication and pointed out that my travel agent will not be booking my excursions. I will keep you posted.

I am a bit disappointed and concerned about this. I would hope that they would want to have correct shore excursion listings.

Well, I received a reply from TellUs@Viking.com. They did not answer my question but referred my to my travel agent. This seems to be a change in their policy. I have written back asking if we are to no longer use TellUs for communication and pointed out that my travel agent will not be booking my excursions. I will keep you posted.

I am a bit disappointed and concerned about this. I would hope that they would want to have correct shore excursion listings.

I believe that is standard in the industry when you use a travel agent. ALL communication has to go through them. It’s a protection for both the travel venue and the travel agency that has been built into most agreements between them.

I like the benefits of dealing with a TA, but I admit I find that aspect frustrating at times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it is pretty standard but it is a departure from their past posts. We were informed in the past that we should contact this address with problems. Here is an example.

Dear aquidneck1,

We appreciate your comment, understand yourdesire to avoid potential shore excursion conflicts, and are happy to providesome guidance.

Should you encounter any issues with booking anincluded shore excursion, we agree with your suggestion of contacting usat TellUs@vikingcruises.com around30 days prior to departure if the problem persists.

While this should hopefully be a rareoccurrence, in the event a shore excursion booking issue does transpire, thisgives us ample time to look into the matter and make corrections as needed.

We hope this helps with your planning,aquidneck1, while also easing your concerns as you prepare for our upcomingjourney together.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises