Seaside Reviews entirely subjective- no need for snarky responses

geonurse

Just a reminder that a review of a ship is entirely subjective- the writers experience is just that- THEIR experience. No need to call into question, doubt or snark about the reviewers experience. Take what you want from it and move on . If you don't believe them, book the cruise and see for yourself if your experiences differ . I would rather have honest reviews than sugar coated ones. Also, depending on what deck your room is on, what dining service attendants you had, what entrees you ordered, if you were Yacht Club or not, etc will cause your experience to vary greatly! Just because you did not experience an issue or problem with something, does not mean someone else is lying. Honest individual reviews is what makes Cruise Critic so wonderful.

Just a reminder that a review of a ship is entirely subjective- the writers experience is just that- THEIR experience. No need to call into question, doubt or snark about the reviewers experience. Take what you want from it and move on . If you don't believe them, book the cruise and see for yourself if your experiences differ . I would rather have honest reviews than sugar coated ones. Also, depending on what deck your room is on, what dining service attendants you had, what entrees you ordered, if you were Yacht Club or not, etc will cause your experience to vary greatly! Just because you did not experience an issue or problem with something, does not mean someone else is lying. Honest individual reviews is what makes Cruise Critic so wonderful.

I'm with you. I want to hear it all. The good and the bad. But you just have to know that you will always have posters with a defensive nature to reading things they disagree with. Its just part of the forum and you just have to read around them.

Excellent point!!! And I will admit that I have, at times,...been defensive to negative comments. I think we all have a special place in our heart for the cruiselines and experiences we've enjoyed and sometimes this emotion becomes argumentative .

But your point is right on... Every one will have a different experience and sometimes people were on the same cruise!! Everyone should be allowed to form their own opinion and make their decision based in part on this feedback....not necessarily the argumentative feedback!!

I agree 100%. I love good, bad, and ugly reviews. The problem comes in with human nature. People WANT to believe they have made the best choice so they become somewhat blind or defensive about anything negative.

I wish there was a way to separate those who are thinking about booking with those who have already booked. Those who are still contemplating booking want ALL the reviews and tend to be more objective since they have nothing yet at stake. Those who have booked but haven't yet sailed want to read only good things because they have already invested in the product. It's a tricky widget.

Then, of course, are the line loyalists who sail one line repeatedly and defend just about anything negative. Believe it or not, I've found the loyalists on other lines much worse than the loyalists on MSC. The good news is they are quite easy to identify (and dismiss).

Happy Sailing to all :)

Whenever I review anything I say its my personal experience. I read the good and bad reviews, I want to know both sides. I take into account people like and dislike different things and it's all relative.

People also have a tendency to blame the company for things that aren't even in their control. If you catch the flu how do blame the cruise line?

Make up your own mind. If I had believed all the bad reviews about Divina I would have never gone and I would have missed out on some exceptional cruises and the Yacht Club.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app