Review: 7-Night Western Cruise on Liberty of the Seas (with 150+ Pictures!)

UMDelt

Liberty of the Seas Review - Continued

After our Schooner Bar excursion, we headed out for a few laps around the promenade deck. Unlike the foggy day before, our first sea day was sunny and much warmer.

39168989365_5e2b8627a0_o.jpg

Didn’t take long for her to finish off that Schooner Bar champaign

39168988615_223974f092_o.jpg

DW takes a better photo than I do…

40068016811_ec270699b4_o.jpg

Don’t think it works like this…

40068017101_86c7ae1cf6_o.jpg

Promenade deck extends outward around the MDR

On Freedom and Voyager Class ships, you’re able to access the bow of the ship! No photo collection is complete without a few snapshots of the bridge.

25205338947_1489ba9209_o.jpg

40077511111_eeff6b20d0_o.jpg

COMING UP NEXT:

More promenade photos

Happy belated birthday sir! And thanks for the review and photos. I’m typing this from the solarium aboard Vision and will be on Liberty again later this year. She is a wonderful ship!

Have a cold one for me :cool: Enjoy your cruise!

40077512171_1cba7eb036_o.jpg

Now the port side with the extended promenade deck near the MDR

Being the second day and a sea day, we continued to wonder around the ship. While I can’t remember completely, I believe that involved more adult beverages… Not too much though, because I remember grabbing some coffee. Hmm, wait… maybe the coffee is what jolted my memory after the alcohol.

Well, regardless, we had coffee and took more promenade pictures…

25205338637_7215517a71_o.jpg

On the stern. So cute… and yes, I had permission from DW to post this one.

The plot “thins…” There’s a shopping bag in that picture, so I guess we went shopping too :D

40077510001_4a0eab2279_o.jpg

Promenade deck on the starboard side, aft of the MDR

COMING UP NEXT:

Sabor Mexican Restaurant

So on the first sea day you were able to lose the hoodie?

For a northerner like myself, the mid-70s on the first sea day (day after departing Texas) was fine for shorts. Don't mind my wife's hoodie in the pictures.... she's cold everywhere she goes, regardless of the outside temp ;p

We had speciality dining reservations later that day, but were eager to try the “Sabor Modern Mexican” restaurant onboard for lunch. Our waiter, Luis, was absolutely fantastic and truly took pride in his work.

The fresh guacamole was great, although it needed to be more spicy… I don’t blame Luis, but my wife for that specific request ;p

28304557189_c1cd208cb7_o.jpg

Fresh, made-to-order guacamole

39374041014_39bd038d36_o.jpg

Red and green salsas, pico, and some cucumber thingy with spices

The bacon-wrapped jalapeños were superb. I highly recommend!

39186485585_6fc67faa28_o.jpg

Bacon-wrapped jalapeños

We also ordered “chorizo con queso” (pork sausage with cheese). Although it was tasty, I was very disappointed in the lack of chorizo. It was 99% cheese with just a “sprinkling” of pork:

39374041494_fe87492d31_o.jpg

Chorizo con queso

We barely ate our entrées after over-eating appetizers, chips, and guac; however, Luis wouldn’t let us leave until we took a “to-go” plate of desserts. All were very good, but the dark cannoli-looking ones on the right were out of this world!

39186485375_182fa18794_o.jpg

Collection of Sabor desserts

COMING UP NEXT:

Formal night and Chops Grille

Edited by UMDelt

We will be traveling on the LOS less than a year from now (I still eagerly count each day down). I'm definitely going to be having lunch at Sabor now that I've seen those photos! Glad to know I can take some dessert to-go if I fill-up on all the other deliciousness.

Day two was formal night onboard Liberty of the Seas. Like most evenings, my wife started to get ready around 1PM… just kidding, but it seemed that early.

39374554294_ae5fea211a_o.jpg

She had no idea I was taking this picture

A nice perk for suite guests is the complimentary pressing on the first formal night. Our cabin steward, Bart, made sure we had this ready before our Chops reservation.

40085751541_c9f2dc7077_o.jpg

Pressed tux

Formal nights done right…

26211764308_8e64b3a71c_o.jpg

Canon selfie as I wait for the wife to get ready

DW wanted to take a few in-room pictures before we headed out…

28305073499_a0e6e38bf8_o.jpg

We dined at Chops Grille. The cabernet reduction that accompanied my filet really made the dish. I also noticed the portions of the “family-style sides” were smaller than I’ve had on other ships, shared on a single plate as well. (Which is good, since there’s always TOO much food!)

26211762788_c0a15c585f_o.jpg

9oz filet with cabernet reduction sauce

28305073289_7bb6dce591_o.jpg

Family-style sides

Our waitress Margaret (a.k.a. Jamaica Mama) was such a treat and undoubtably our favorite waitress this trip. In fact, my wife asked the maître d' to ensure we had her again for Wednesday's upcoming reservation (birthday dinner). He was most happy to accommodate. More pictures later for that meal!

COMING UP NEXT:

Cozumel, Mexico and the “12 Metre America's Cup Challenge” excursion

Day two. Sea day. These are my favorite days and I love to take full advantage by doing a lot of NOTHING. More accurately, doing “very little,” starting with an early visit to my favorite bar and a Royal Caribbean classic… The Schooner Bar.

UMDelt, We loved The Schooner Bar, too. In fact, our favorite bartender on the ship was a guy called Albert. That guy was straight money. By chance, is he working your cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

UMDelt, We loved The Schooner Bar, too. In fact, our favorite bartender on the ship was a guy called Albert. That guy was straight money. By chance, is he working your cruise?

Hmm, sorry I don't recall.

Hope they keep the Schooner Bar tradition for decades to come. Broke my heart a bit when they phased out the Viking Crown Lounge on other ships :(

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. We'll be back on LOTS in May. We really enjoyed the previous cruise on this ship! Thanks also for reminding me that we can access the bow of the ship - one of my favorite features! Really wonderful at night! We didn't care for Chops Grille, but would like to try Sabor this time. And I think there's an Italian restaurant on LOTS if I remember correctly?? Thanks again!