Bermuda vs Alaska

LuckyLori

You can't go wrong either way.

Been to Bermuda 4 times from Boston 3 of those on the Dawn, all in the fall loved docking in one place. We did the ship tours the first time on the Dawn but after that on our own. Very easy to get around they speak english and take US dollars. We also stopped once in the spring on a TA to England we didn't book tours then either.

Alaska is one of my favorite cruises. We have gone 3 times first was Vancouver to Seward with train to Anchorage. Loved this will do it gain with the land tour next time. This and the inside from Vancouver RT were done in the late summer early fall fantastic weather and no bugs to speak of. Seattle RT we did in early July this was also fantastic but they had their hottest season ever so I was a little warm. Both RT cruises we were on the starboard side (I try for this side on all trips) but you see some things going north then the other side going south. No bad side for the inside passage.

If you can do both I would, but if it's the ship you want and can do only 1 watch for the Gem going to Bermuda. We loved this ship (surprise I know :)).

Either way try to go on vacation together life is way to short.

EVERY DAY IS A GIFT, ENJOY!

We did Alaska on the Pearl 2 years ago, you can read my review-the link is below in my signature We love it

If you have not already head over the Alaska Board https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55 Pinned at the top are trip reports from the past few years.

As has been mentioned in 2018 the Pearl does Glacier Bay (Seattle R/T leaving on Sundays) and the Bliss will be doing what the Jewel did the past few years (Seattle R/T leaving Sat), and the Jewel will be doing what the Sun has done in the past (OW from Vancouver or Seward leaving Mon). In 2019 the Pearl and Bliss flip flop. The Bliss will leave Sun with Glacier Bay and the Pearl on Sat. So when reading trip reports keep that in mind so you will know what to compare too.

I did the Breakaway to Bermuda in '13 and am doing the Escape to Bermuda in 3 months. The one thing different about the Bermuda cruises are you have 2 complete days in port where you are not on the clock and don't have to worry about getting up early and rushing to be back on the boat.

I went in mid September and lucked out with no storm.

I was considering doing the Bliss to Alaska but because I am as much interested in the ship itself- I might go from NYC in December (not an Alaska cruise) to save $ even though it will be colder weather

However everyone I've talked to says Alaska is a must see. My inkling is Bermuda is more relaxing but Alaska has more unique surroundings to visit.

We have been to Alaska and Bermuda.

The beauty of Alaska is not to be missed. Majestic Mountains, glaciers, The White Pass Railroad, and wildlife. Our cruise was on the Norwegian Sky many years ago, but we still have great memories of it.

The only con of that trip was the weather which was frequently rainy in August. Would we go back? Maybe.

We have cruised to Bermuda from Boston many times on the Majesty, Spirit, and Dawn. I am a beach person, so I can recommend Horseshoe Bay. There is a cove to the right where the surf is milder. The main beach has higher waves.

They have full facilities which rent chairs and umbrellas. The last time we were there, an attendant brought them to our site, and set them up.

We love to shop in the quaint town of St. George, where there are some nice restaurants, and a train trolley ride around the town. We board it near the ferry terminal. NCL offers a free ferry to St. George for their passengers only.

If your husband loves to golf, Bermuda has some lovely courses. DH and I don't golf, but friends of ours do,

Bermuda has much to see and do during the three days docked there. With 4 sea days, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the ship.

My idea would be to go to Bermuda for one cruise and Alaska next. There vibes are entirely different.