Soda and More

Terimarie

I am debating whether to get the Soda and More package or not. In deciding, I have a few questions. I can't seem to find current answers.

1. How much are sodas (cans or fountains) without the package?

2. How much is hot chocolate without the package?

3. How much are mocktails without the package? (I've seen $5.50 recently)

Considering days in port, I'm deciding if it would be more economical to pay as I go.

(I'm a big Diet Coke drinker, but would like a mocktail or two and I like hot chocolate in cold weather (going to Alaska) but I've been told with so many food options, I may not want to drink as much soda, so I'm rethinking this.) Thanks for any help/suggestions.

I am debating whether to get the Soda and More package or not. In deciding, I have a few questions. I can't seem to find current answers.

Considering days in port, I'm deciding if it would be more economical to pay as I go.

(I'm a big Diet Coke drinker, but would like a mocktail or two and I like hot chocolate in cold weather (going to Alaska) but I've been told with so many food options, I may not want to drink as much soda, so I'm rethinking this.) Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Cans of soda are about $2 I think but I read on another thread that if you have two mocktails in a day you have definitely saved money.

I bought the "soda and more" package - although there isn't a lot "more". That being said, I (pretty much) live on Diet Coke and have for the last 20-25 years - I'm now 71. So, at least for me, the Soda and more package is a loser for Princess :D

My DW is a water drinker and I bought her two of the "bottled water" deals. I fully understand that the tap water on a ship is probably better than bottled - but she LOVES bottled water, that is, when not at home drinking from the fridge ;p

Cans of soda are $2 + gratuity. You are permitted to carry on as much as you wish!

Hot chocolate is $1.50 in the International Cafe (where you can have it made with milk).

Mocktails are $4.50 and up plus gratuity. I have no idea why some cost more than others, but I know that within the package, some were served in large glasses and some in small.

I have no idea how much soda from a gun is outside of the package.

We were on the Caribbean last month. Hubby was able to buy the soda only package for around $4.50pd. Did not have to buy the “and more” that runs over $8pd. First that’s been offered to us in several years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And another example of the inconsistency on Princess. I wish there was some way to know whether this would be available on our cruise. For $4 per day, I don't mind buying it. When you hit the $8 range, I become really tempted to try to find a place to buy some and carry it on. That would be a pain, but $80 is a lot for 10 days of diet coke!

And another example of the inconsistency on Princess. I wish there was some way to know whether this would be available on our cruise. For $4 per day' date=' I don't mind buying it. When you hit the $8 range, I become really tempted to try to find a place to buy some and carry it on. That would be a pain, but $80 is a lot for 10 days of diet coke![/quote']

It's really easy to bring your own.

I have the lyft driver stop at the grocery store. Takes 2 minutes to run in and buy 2 12 packs. I take a roll of packing my tape I bring and tape the 12 packs together and then tape on the princess luggage tag. When you get to port, give it to the porters along with your other bags. Like magic it arrives in your room before you do:)

I'm a Pepsi person, so I have no choice:)

Asking the Lyft or Uber driver to stop is a good idea....I'd been playing with the idea of how to get it between the plane and the cruise port. We do have a day, but I haven't located a grocery near our hotel. I figured I'd keep my options open for now and see what I can find when we get there. But I guarantee that daughter will want some at the hotel as well as on the ship, so we'll make it work!

When I am cruising, I have paid a lot of money for the cruise and airfare. Now am I going to worry about purchasing sodas, etc. near the port, and getting it onboard easily, etc. or am I going to treat myself for $8.05 a day to have as many cokes, mocktails, etc. that I want to order onboard? I mean I will have at least one soft drink and mocktail a day, which will more than cover the daily charge, and more likely have more than that. On, my last cruise I averaged two soft drinks and 2 mocktails a day so well worth it cost wise and convenience wise.

Why oh why, do people nickel and dime themselves so much? You guys deserve the convenience. Most of you have probably worked hard all year for this vacation. Enjoy it! Now if this package were $20 a day so something like that, then maybe I too would rethink my decision, but at $8, treat yourselves guys. You deserve it!!!!!

Plus remember you get the souvenir mug thingy to keep. I still use it to this day. Also, haven't even considered the free hot chocolate, etc. at the IC!

Pooh

Pooh, right on! The convenience of the Soda Package is well worth it for us. I don't care for the mocktails, so it is just the soda gun for us, now that milkshakes are not included. Still well worth it! Especially when the Lido deck servers start to bring our sodas right away, without our even having to ask.

And even with the Soda Package, my wife still raids the mini-bar for cans of coke in the night -- again, convenience for a very small price.

Indulge and stop worrying about a few dollars difference!

Cans of soda are $2 + gratuity. You are permitted to carry on as much as you wish!

Hot chocolate is $1.50 in the International Cafe (where you can have it made with milk).

Mocktails are $4.50 and up plus gratuity. I have no idea why some cost more than others' date=' but I know that within the package, some were served in large glasses and some in small.

I have no idea how much soda from a gun is outside of the package.[/quote']

Don't they automatically make the hot chocolate with milk?

When I am cruising, I have paid a lot of money for the cruise and airfare. Now am I going to worry about purchasing sodas, etc. near the port, and getting it onboard easily, etc. or am I going to treat myself for $8.05 a day to have as many cokes, mocktails, etc. that I want to order onboard? I mean I will have at least one soft drink and mocktail a day, which will more than cover the daily charge, and more likely have more than that. On, my last cruise I averaged two soft drinks and 2 mocktails a day so well worth it cost wise and convenience wise.

Why oh why, do people nickel and dime themselves so much? You guys deserve the convenience. Most of you have probably worked hard all year for this vacation. Enjoy it! Now if this package were $20 a day so something like that, then maybe I too would rethink my decision, but at $8, treat yourselves guys. You deserve it!!!!!

Plus remember you get the souvenir mug thingy to keep. I still use it to this day. Also, haven't even considered the free hot chocolate, etc. at the IC!

Pooh

I absolutely agree! 100%. After considering all the coin I dropped for the cruise itself, the spa, the Crown Grill, the excursions (ouch!) the brand new luggage, the air fare, the hotel the night before the cruise (Seattle ain't cheap) the "Soda and more" is the least of my worries.....like I said, Princess will regret selling ME that package. The servers will see me coming and run, screaming from me... :D

My answer: they don’t have the soda I drink available with this package.

You will use HOT chocolate much more then a soda, Alaska weather is cold , dreary , foggy and miserable.

I am paying for mine out of OBC, I think that if I was paying any other way I would still try it this cruise and see if it was worth it. As Pooh said it is a vacation and we deserve to treat ourselves. I don't want to fool around hauling cases of cans if I don't have to. Hopefully, we will also get a glass with the package like we did on our only other cruise. I am also thinking that if I want some soda I do not want to be running to the stateroom to get a can. Especially if I am relaxing on deck enjoying myself. So it is also a convenience thing that even without OBC, might be worth.

My answer: they don’t have the soda I drink available with this package.

Well then I guess I understand your dilemma! However I am not, can I use the word?, addicted to a certain soda, at least for a period of only 7-14 days usually. So again, I am lazy, and would go for the drink package as it also includes hot chocolate, and those wonderful mocktails.

They might have a coke product root beer, but not diet.

Package is ok if you're a coke fan and you don't want a cold one in your cabin after returning from a hot day on beach:)

You could just go to any bar on the way on and pick up a glass or have your tumbler filled.