NCL Escape leaving 3/17- which category/room would you pick?

Pwrmaster7

Hi I am thinking about booking my first cruise on this sailing. I am interested in a balcony or above room. The prices have dropped decently over the last few weeks and there are a lot of rooms unbooked. I know an upgrade isn't guaranteed etc but am I better off booking say a mini suite balcony guarantee for $999 (for example are all these good no matter which one I get) or am I risking too much to save a couple hundred dollars. I really am a newbie when it comes to cruising so any help or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

A guarantee is always a gamble. If you’re ok with a cabin literally anywhere, like directly under the pool de k or right above a night club, then by all means, go for it. Also, there are no perks with a guarantee cabin. If you drink at all, the ultimate beverage package is a great perk. I never book guarantees because I would end up spending significantly more than I saved on the room buying drinks. Just not worth it to me. But a lot of people book them and enjoy the gamble. It just depends on what you’re looking for from your cruise.

As you said your good with Balcony or higher, so I would start with a Balcony and put in upgrade bid for less than the asking price on a Mini-Suite, either way you win and are happy.

On getting perks on a GTY it depends on the cruise, you can choose a 2 perk package on a BF GTY Balcony, but No Perks on a Sail Away. I did this 3 weeks ago on Epic TA 15 Nt. inside final payment, choose UBP and 4 Specialty dinners and NCL also added in $100obc, and was assigned a BE Cat. cabin in just 1 week.

This is exactly my situation It isn't the sail away rate because as you mentioned it doesn't get the perks. If you were going to book a category would you book one with more openings as you might have a better chance for an upgrade? Thanks

Not everyone gets an offer to upgrade their cabin through bidding.

OP, I did a balcony guarantee on the Escape in December. Actually three cabins. We were all together on deck 8 forward. We loved the location and did not hear any noise.