Question on getting to Pirate's Cove, frustrated with Viator

bmetz34

I was all set to book though viator to get to Pirates Cove either for the beach break OR the sea turtle snorkel, however they won't let me because it's myself (adult) and one child. Same price for each so I don't know why they need a 2 adult minimum. I even called and they said I can pay for a second adult to be able to book, but that's my only option.

Has anyone gone there on their own? I've seen mixed info on if it is actually walking distance. I'll have a 4 yr old so we probably won't be walking miles in the heat. Better to take a taxi? Anyone know price on that?

This seems like the cheaper option and I'd love to see the turtles, but I may just go with a Hilton Day pass if it's going to be a big hassle to get there. Thanks!

Don't walk...too long and too hot. As you leave the ship, one walks thru the terminal and many stores to the outside area. Cabs are lined up and it is crazy but you can tell the dispatcher that you want to go to Pirates Cove. The taxi is a mini bus and they will leave when they are full. You may have folks going to the Boatyard in the same cab. Pirates Cove is the first stop. The water are calmer there. Regarding the turtles...it's hit and miss. Go early and let them know you are interested in a turtle snorkel. Enjoy.

It is very easy to go on your own. 4 of us just had a lovely day there. Picked up a taxi at the pier and told her when we wanted to be picked up. Taxi was 5 per person each way. Chair and shared umbrella 8 per person. I did contact them through their website ahead of time and reserved our chairs in advance. No prepayment was required. We went early and got front row chairs. I had asked for this and was told they would try. The earlier you can arrive the better. I found the chairs to be spaced much better than photos I have seen of Harbor Lights. I walked down to Boatyard and it was more packed as well.

Pirates Cove is not fancy but the beach is beautiful and I would go back.