Seen several refrences to people with Tatoos that sail Princess

flasaltwater63

Just asked the over 60 year old man (AKA Mr Indy) with the ink about this and this is what he said.

"I learned a long time ago you attract the attitude you expect. If you expect that people will look at you weird or say rude things then that is what you get.

If you expect people to ask you about your tats then you will get people asking about them.

If you expect people to not even noticre then no one will notice."

He said go and have fun and expect a great time.

This is our first Princess cruise and very much looking forward to it. We've cruised on Carnival a number of times but find it too rambunctious for us we simply are not partiers, but my husband is tatted all over on his arms, legs and back. I say this because I have found several post where people with tattoos are referenced in a negative way. Should he keep his arms covered as to not draw attention to himself? We just want to have a nice relaxing vacation.

Thanks in advance.

My Wife and I recently retired. My Wife was an RN for well over 30 years and I was in the Army, in a job that wouldn't allow me to have any "distinguishing marks" - that's military terminology for "tattoos". ;p

Last year, after retirement, we both said "What the hell" and got tattoos. I got one of my Family Crest on my right forearm and DW got a colorful "Phoenix" on her left arm. We have both received numerous compliments on our tattoos so no, it doesn't bother me in the least. However, they aren't "over the top" - and when I say that, Our Son was in the Navy and got both legs and his back tattooed while he was serving. However, you can't see them when he is dressed.

Doesn't bother me in the least.

Heh, reminds me of a group that we met on one of our panama canal cruises. Group of folks from england with a bunch of tattoos, and really, the whole group looked more like a biker gang than anything else I'd say. Got to talking with them on one of the excursions we were on and turns out they were all high level employees at some aerospace factory in england. All very knowledgeable and could hold high level scientific conversations with you. Just shows you can't tell by looking. Course, that said, I'm not convinced they couldn't still outdrink the biker gang.

Heh, reminds me of a group that we met on one of our panama canal cruises. Group of folks from england with a bunch of tattoos, and really, the whole group looked more like a biker gang than anything else I'd say. Got to talking with them on one of the excursions we were on and turns out they were all high level employees at some aerospace factory in england. All very knowledgeable and could hold high level scientific conversations with you. Just shows you can't tell by looking. Course, that said, I'm not convinced they couldn't still outdrink the biker gang.

Interesting, this is why people shouldn't judge. I don't know that we look like bikers lol well maybe he does minus the facial hair. A lot of the Engineers I know look like bikers they even ride up to Daytona for Bike week covered in leathers. I guess Nasa has no rules for appearance becuase they all work on the Space Program, you would never know what their profession is by looking at them.

If I hadn't read more then one post in regards to tattoos I would not have even mentioned it. I believe one of to the posters used the term ghetto which I thought was kind of rude, but there were several conversations in regards to them. After reading all the comments posted here I know we'lll have a great trip. We love cruising it' a great way to see the World. This Alaska trip is for me he's not to keen on the 8 hour flight to Seattle but I'm super excited.

There's always going to be snooty people who want to judge others for whatever reason they can find. Hey, on a positive note, if someone looks down at your husband's skin art then you know right away you don't need to bother talking to that type of person!

I am a professional kinda lady who is married to a Dr and I have two small tattoos (and I have never sailed Carnival lol). Granted they are terrible tattoos because I got them as a rebellious teen, but I have plans to shortly have them covered up with something bigger and better (a whale... obviously). It's how a person acts that matters, not how they look, and most people respect that. Don't judge a book by it's cover and all that.

It's not something you see on Princess, Celebrity or HAL as much as on Carnival and RCI. Your husband will be just fine as long as he doesn't wear a tank shirt into the dining room. :D ;) Have a wonderful cruise.

This! Dress within the dress code and act appropriately and people have no issue with which to argue!

Not a lot of posts, but look at how many views? Obliviously the title and subject has evoked interest.

as others have mentioned, Tats are so common place now, most people do not give it a second thought or look.

However tats on the face might get a second glance from me....