What deck if Lido isn't available on Magic?

Laurie7724

We are trying to decide on a cabin for our cruise on Magic. I originally booked a cove balcony but have been reading some reviews about bad sewage smells on that deck. I would love to be on the lido deck since I'm sure my grandson will be spending most of his time at the pool but the cabins available are towards the front and i'm prone to motion sickness. This will be my first cruise and I'm not sure how i will be affected by the motion. What would be your next choice for a deck under the lido? Mid-ship/balcony. Thank you!

I was in the second or third cabin from the front on deck 12 on Magic several years ago and didn't feel any movement to speak of, other than 2 MASSIVE corrections that caused the entire ship to tilt- once while we were in bed and once when we were eating on the Lido... but seasick-inducing movement? Nope, never felt it.

For our next cruise we booked Lido forward for our Vista cruise. I don't expect any issues with movement.

If you're prone to seasickness, make sure you bring some ginger pills with you... non-drowsy and VERY effective for stomach upset of any kind.

If you have motion sickness you need to go LOWER on the ship. The closer to the water line the less motion.

We were on the Magic last March and hit a storm with cross wind the first sea day... the ship was rocking and rolling bad. Me and DH were fine, but we saw a lot of green people and heard that lots of people were sick in their rooms. Barf bags were out at each elevator. The rest of cruise was fine, just that one half-day storm was ugly. This can happen any cruise if there are cross winds rocking the boat. The ship's captain does his best to get around these storms but sometimes they can't avoid one. Lower on the ship is better.