2nd Passenger no show question

jenndun

I have a cruise booked for June with a family member that I've sailed with many times. I've paid my part and she has just paid a $100 over the deposit. She's now telling me she's not sure if she is going to go. She's moving out on her own and doesn't think she can afford to go. Which I understand. She will know by final payment in March. I still want to go. We are booked under early saver. We got a good deal when we booked and now everything I'm seeing for solo is more then the cost of both our fairs. I know it's double for solo but it's more then double what we paid. Instead of switching to solo could I just pay the remainder of her fair and just have her not show up? Would this cause me to have to pay even more at check in? I just don't want to get there and her not show up and they take her fair plus charge me double. I'm just trying to figure out what the best thing to do is. Thanks so much.

If you're willing, you could definitely pay her fare and then just tell them at checkin that something came up and she won't be cruising... if you tell them before that you could get stuck with the single supplement, in addition to having paid her balance!

And there's always a chance she'd change her mind and decide to pay her balance and come with you.

Another option is could someone take her place? I'm not sure if ES allows a name change...

I booked under early saver over a year ago. I originally booked 4 and got a great deal on a balcony cabin on the spa deck. My husband has found out he cannot go. I contacted Carnival and they said I would have to cancel and rebook, which would actually cost me more for a less desirable cabin. They told me just arrive at the port and say he got sick and couldn't come. I would get some of the port charges back on my S&S account.

Agreed that you can pay the rest of her fare, and have her be a no-show.

DO NOT tell Carnival that they will be a no show, until you arrive at the ship for check-in. At that point, you will get a refund of her port charges/taxes.

Alternatively you may start seeing if any other family members or friends want to go in her place.

I am not very familiar with their policy on name changes, but it seems you should be able to get someone else to take over for her.

I have a cruise booked for June with a family member that I've sailed with many times. I've paid my part and she has just paid a $100 over the deposit. She's now telling me she's not sure if she is going to go. She's moving out on her own and doesn't think she can afford to go. Which I understand. She will know by final payment in March. I still want to go. We are booked under early saver. We got a good deal when we booked and now everything I'm seeing for solo is more then the cost of both our fairs. I know it's double for solo but it's more then double what we paid. Instead of switching to solo could I just pay the remainder of her fair and just have her not show up? Would this cause me to have to pay even more at check in? I just don't want to get there and her not show up and they take her fair plus charge me double. I'm just trying to figure out what the best thing to do is. Thanks so much.

Pay up and have her as a no show and you will get taxes and port charges refunded after the cruise.

I booked under early saver over a year ago. I originally booked 4 and got a great deal on a balcony cabin on the spa deck. My husband has found out he cannot go. I contacted Carnival and they said I would have to cancel and rebook, which would actually cost me more for a less desirable cabin. They told me just arrive at the port and say he got sick and couldn't come. I would get some of the port charges back on my S&S account.

It will be refunded after the cruise not on your s&s card.